Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was messing with the control buttons on the right side of my steering wheel and found out it reads tire pressure on each tire. 2021 Kia soul ex.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
One press of the Menu button shows the tire pressure in each of the four tires, and two more presses take you back to the Speedometer (digital Readout). You DO have to drive a bit, to get the readout to activate. Not far though.
I check mine, every day when I first start out, just in case one tire might have gone down during the night.
It's probably all spelled out in the Owners Manual, but it's more fun, for me, to just push buttons and see what happens.

Cheers Mates, and Happy Holidays
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
2020 GT-White
247 Posts
Found it ..very cool. Oddly enough....I got in for a 17 mile drive and the TP went down in 3 and up in one after about 9 miles on the highway....then it went up...on the way home they were all even at 35.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
It's either amazing, or frustrating, however you look at it, how tire pressures will change depending on the temperature of the atmosphere and the road itself.
Leaving my yard and going out on a blacktop road, on a hot day, I've seem my own tire pressure raise by as much as 5# per tire.

·
Registered
2020 GT-White
247 Posts
You could argue it's just one more thing to break.
But, how many people actually check tire pressures with a gauge as often as they should?
Or pull the oil dipstick for that matter?
How many never ever check unless forced?
I hate them......And do not rely upon them. I check my TP at least 1 time a week in all my cars. Oil not as much, but every week on the Kia soul because they blow up. My TP monitors battery went dead years ago in my DD. I never got it replaced on the dead one....I have a tire gauge....actually 7.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts