Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there a fuse or a way to disable the TPM? I installed wheels from my mustang (245/45/17) and I do not want to go through all the bs of installing tpm's in the wheels, I have gotten along without them for about 40yrs and I will eventually put them back on the mustang. The tires are brand new and I do not drive the mustang and don't want the tires to dry-rot. They do stick out more than the factory wheels, do you think I will have a rubbing issue?

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have seen "disabling TPM" threads here but it was from 2010 so maybe somethings have changed, should I just go ahead and get TPM's for these wheels as well?

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,651 Posts
Just ignore the little light.

As for fitting RWD wheels on a FWD car, hope that works out for you.

·
Registered
On my second Soul - a 2020 LX w/IVT
113 Posts
As I also have gotten along without TPMS for many decades, I understand your position. I am not aware, though, of any way to disable the system's reaction to the lack of sensors. When I switch over to my winter wheel/tire setup I just ignore the light.

Not sure if this is correct, but I think the anti-skid system is disabled when the TPMS low-pressure warning is lit(?)

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,536 Posts
You have a better chance of cheating death than the TPMS.

Reactions: FL Soul and Tape

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Hello tape the wheels are sticking out a bit more then the 17& 18" wheels 7" standards wheels best Offsets 45-54 .
There are many members that show that amount of sticking out and they say no rubbing problems.
PCD Ford wheels -Wheel-fitment.com | PCD, Offset, Center Bore, mounting and tire size data
Kia Soul - Specs of wheel sizes, tires, PCD, Offset and Rims - Wheel-Size.com
The Only problem is the bore , the Mustang is 70 the Kia 67.1 so the locating core will be loose.
I do not believe removing the tyres to fit senders will be any good to your tyres . The best way to preserve the tyres is to remove the wheels and store on there side in a covered stack to protect from daylight and extreme temperature change. Breaking the rim seal cannot be good. especially on ageing tyre.

Jeff

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The tpm did light up after about 6miles of driving. I just put a black cloth over the flashing light, I will update if it causes other lights to illuminate but I doubt it, I did read it "might" cause other lights to illuminate and by the posters saying "might/may" means they don't know chit. Jeff thanks for the links, some good info there. I will keep these wheels/tires on until they are hitting the wear marks and store the kia wheels/tires as Jeff recommended. Thanks guys:)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found out that you cannot disable TPMS because it is connected to 2 fuses which also has some essential system connected to them so whoever doesn't install the TPMS valves will just need to deal with the light, so far no problems by just ignoring the light. I am liking the mustang wheels but I need to get those stick on kia caps to hide the little pony these caps show. The mustang wheels fit perfectly on the kia but the kia wheels will not fit the mustang because of the offset, it will not clear the mustang brakes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts