Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't think of a single instance where I will ever need to use this button. All it serves is to startle me when I accidentally bump it.

Is there anyway to disarm this feature?

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Maybe a simple FOB mod, take it apart, remove the rubber piece corresponding to the button, or just jam the button with something thin so it doesn't press as easily.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
You may not think you need it but it is there for a reason. I have accidently set it off also and it is annoying but you only ever need to have it once and it not be there for you to regret disabling it. Only once.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have to admit that the alarm button is WAY too easy to set off accidentally! I've done it simply bending over to pick something up. It matters not if I'm wearing in on a clip on my belt loop or positioned in my pocket. Maybe if it were the ONLY thing on the key ring, it wouldn't get pressed so easily...but it's not and so any slight pressure sets it off.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have to admit that the alarm button is WAY too easy to set off accidentally! I've done it simply bending over to pick something up. It matters not if I'm wearing in on a clip on my belt loop or positioned in my pocket. Maybe if it were the ONLY thing on the key ring, it wouldn't get pressed so easily...but it's not and so any slight pressure sets it off.
Yes. It's a design problem.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mine doesn't have remote locks, but my Sportage does and as others have said, I've set it off just bending over. I opened the fob to try to disable it but was not able to see an easy way to do it.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I use it when I forget where I parked, if you hold it under your chin and touch your skin you can get about triple the alert distant than if you just hold it up and alert it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts