Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure some people will have a fit over this but please start your own thread of how I'm gonna die horribly and baby kittens are being drowned because I made this post! With that being said under the driver seat is a group of plugs the one you're looking for is yellow 4 wire plug with 2 blacks, 1 white, and a red. You want to cut the red wire and tape the ends off. You can confirm it is the correct wire by using a test light (it will show a ground when the belt is unbuckled and nothing when it is).
s-l1600.jpg

DISCLAIMER: This information is provided "as is". The author of this information disclaims any loss or liability, either directly or indirectly as a consequence of applying the information presented herein, or in regard to the use and application of said information. No guarantee is given, either expressed or implied, in regard to the merchantability, accuracy, or acceptability of the information.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Oh, I really hate cutting wires, and it's really not necessary.

Just snap a seat belt extender into the buckle and it fools the car into thinking that the seat belt is fastened. NO alteration of the car has been made.

rigid_small.jpg

Additional benefits include, a seat belt extender can be used on multiple cars, and if either the driver or the passenger is a little bit Rotund, the extender makes it much easier to stay legal by Buckling up.

NewArmRest-PrePaint.jpg

I've used the extenders for years, in four different cars now. It also makes buckling up a SNAP!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I almost ordered one of those but it was simple enough to bypass and I have no issues altering wiring! Within the first week I had ripped out all of the factory sound system and replaced with better stuff!

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I guess if you have a seven year old car, with not much trade-in value left on it, you can chop it up all you want.

But if you are like so many of us, who trade cars every few years, you want to make it better if you can and not do things that will take away from the trade-in value.

Cheers Mate!
:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts