Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to disable center speaker on the dash... any thoughts on the best way to approach doing this? i'm hating what it does to the stereo image. any suggestions would be a huge help.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Looking to disable center speaker on the dash... any thoughts on the best way to approach doing this? i'm hating what it does to the stereo image. any suggestions would be a huge help.
:confused::confused: Why???

·
Registered
595 Posts
^^^^ He told you why. He doesn't like having a mono speaker in between his stereo speakers.
I take it, there is no separate level control for the center speaker.

For the OP go to kiatechinfo.com, maybe you can find where to pull the wires.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Pull the radio surround,then the center speaker/storage cubby out.The reach in the gapping whole and un-plug it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm interested if you did this and how you like it if you did. I think I'm going to upgrade the speakers and leave everything else stock but undecided what to do about the center speaker. I read somewhere about dropping a small sub in there, but i'm not sure that's a good idea.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm interested if you did this and how you like it if you did. I think I'm going to upgrade the speakers and leave everything else stock but undecided what to do about the center speaker. I read somewhere about dropping a small sub in there, but i'm not sure that's a good idea.
If you're planning on upgrading the speakers then I assume you'll want to replace the stock amp. Once you get to the amp (and all the speaker wires) you can just snip/leave out the wire that goes to the center channel. I hated this speaker too and can't believe how large the speaker cover assembly is considering the size of the speaker itself.

If you weren't planning on upgrading the amp when you replace the factory speakers, you should reconsider. An aftermarket speaker running at 4 ohms will probably get 10 watts RMS from the factory amp...not nearly enough to drive them to their potential.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts