Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motor vehicle Light Automotive tire Rim Automotive design

I was getting P0011. I replaced one of the cam shaft position sensors and it ran fine for a day or so. Then the P0341 shows up along with a P0017.
I am the original owner, and it has 140k on it. I pulled the cover and cranked it around and lined up the mark on the bottom. The two lines across the cams look lined up. But the marked links both look to be about 5 links past the marks.

Am I missing something? I am a bone-e-fied YouTube mechanic. I'll try to fix anything, I just don't know whats broke here.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Your timing is perfect. The marks on the links will not line up unless you are just putting the chain on. If you turn it over a whole bunch of times you might get them to actually line up. It's mathematical, there are so many teeth and so many links on the chain. Eventually if you keep turning it over they will line back up on the same spot you started.
Did you use Kia sensors or auto parts store ones?
Pull out the oil control valves and take a look at the screens on them see if they are plugged up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Your timing is perfect. The marks on the links will not line up unless you are just putting the chain on. If you turn it over a whole bunch of times you might get them to actually line up. It's mathematical, there are so many teeth and so many links on the chain. Eventually if you keep turning it over they will line back up on the same spot you started.
Pull out the oil control valves and take a look at the screens on them see if they are plugged up.
Have to admit, cheapest sensors I could find on amazon. I pulled the OCV from the front/ intake side and tested it. It tested fine. I did not pull the exhaust side. Not sure why?
Thank you for the feedback,
Matt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I pulled both OCV's tonight and cleaned them up with some Mass Airflow sensor cleaner. I tested that they both actuate with 12v and resistance was 10. So they seem to be working fine. However, when reinstalling the exhaust side, it did not seat with the "pop" you normally get when the gasket seals. Using a mirror to see better, the area looks dirtier than the rest, like a very tiny bit of oil may be getting by. I will definitely be replacing that one.

Time to go button her up and see if I made things better or worse. :oops:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts