Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Detail help?

Tags
detail
3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  RelenaRelena 
#1 ·
Hello all! Im a detailing junkie! I also love the Soul! I may be an old man (all of 47) but I love that Soul!
If anyone has any detailing questions, i'd love to help make that soul look ''soulful"!
Ive owned a detailing business for about 8 years now, but been a detailer since a teenager with my first Toyota P/U. I have also been an online distributor for about 8 years as well.
So Cal Soul owners give me a shout!

#6 ·
Hello & welcome to our soul world , if you would post some picts and some info about your online distribution that would help , and you are only as old as you feel my friend :D
Well, I dont want to break any rules! Ive been detailing for many a years, and have detailed everything from grandma/grandpa minivans to Carreras in Beverly Hills. Bimmers and Infinitis in Hollywood, completely trashed Black Mercedes etc........
The company sells over 400 different products and /or kits of products. Carnaubas, rinseless washes, sheepskins, buffers, buffer pads, sealants, microfibers,.......really everything but a bucket of water! Username should be linked to the stores location. The shipping cart portion of the store is currently being revamped, actually already restyled but going through last minute corrections, and the home page will be next, in short order.
Im really here to find out about the Soul, how everyone likes it, and to offer tips on detailing, proper usage of products and techniques, and to dispel any rumors about old wives tails when it comes to detailing!

#10 ·
Ya know what I would really like to see is a car care forum specific to detailing. I would watch that for a while and gauge participation and interest, then come to a conclusion. I already sponsor some for fun and business, but there has to be a sincere interest.

#12 ·
heres a question for ya ......

we just took possession of our Soul in BLACK .... we've never owned a black vehicle before and were hesitant on picking the colour (color) but couldnt resist the sexyness of it on the Soul.

We see ALOT of black cars on the road with those horrible swirl marks and fine scratches on them and we're truly paranoid about detailing our Soul for fear of leaving swirls and such ...

any tips or product suggestions you can send our way to properly car for our paint? We've washed it twice in a TOUCHLESS automatic car wash but thats about the extent of our knowledge.

There is a detail place in town .... is it worth it for us to take it in for a good professional wax job right off the hop ????

thanks in advance from us Canadian boiz WAAAAYYYYYY up North of Hollywood.

#14 ·
Congrats on the acquisition! You have options. #1, equip yourselves with the proper car care products, often about as much as it would run you to get it detailed......But, you would have these products for several years vs. several months for a detail. #2, invest in a pro job, then purchase after care products to maintain it. #3, watch it depreciate after neglect.
If I were you, i would invest in some paint cleaners, wheel cleaner, dressings and sealants, along with applicators and microfiber polishing towels and give it a go. If you dont like your results, you can always take it to a detailer, and then maintain from there on out.
Black is "different", it can be difficult to maintain swirl free surfaces, seems every time you touch it, you introduce marring of some sort. Proper washing and drying implements will increase your chances of keeping it looking its best. Also consider the use of quick detailers between wash. This add slickness to the surface and prevents debris adhesion.

#15 ·
Well I own a Black Soul, and I wash mine every week. I also use a new cloth everytime I was it, as debris from a used cloth can also scratch the paint. I would also advise waxing it with synthetic sealant such as Turtle Wax Ice, to put a portective layer on top of the clear coat.

Black is probably the toughest car colour, however nothing looks better than a clean Black Soul :D

Cheers,
SOUL4U

#16 ·
Sponsor us and detailing will come.
I will tell it in Holland if you want I will tell it to the world if you want.
I will try even to tell it to the moon if you sponsor us de rocket.
But it is your decision and I'am the crazy Dutchman.

RelenaRelena

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.