Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ve seen other people post that they use a little folded piece of paper (like a business card) to keep the button pushed in. I don’t have that “feature” on my Soul, but it seems to work. I’d try that before getting into the wiring.
Just bought a 2021 last weekend. I do not like the auto-stop feature. I want to disable it. I know there is a dash switch to turn it off, but it has to be pressed each time the car is started. I want it turned off...period. I've noticed I can hold the switch before I start the car, and it starts with the feature turned off.
This tells me it's quite possible that I can add a simple parallel a SPST to the button and that would give me the option to leave it closed (button pressed) or open the switch and use the auto-stop feature (which isn't likely).
Does anyone know of a better method for doing it? Does anyone know of a schematic available showing the dash harness? I need wire colors and switch diagrams to add a simple switch.
Thank You all!
View attachment 137010
I pushed a toothpick into the thin space between that button and the one next to it. Been a month and it's still there! Push in the button to disable and hold it in w/ one finger...slip in toothpick with another.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I too, have a piece of card shoved in above the switch for a few weeks now. Works perfectly. However . . . .., I was watching a ford mechanic on youtube. Apparently the ford trucks have the same hatred from their owners about the auto-stop. And on the ford forums there is also many "supposed" hacks for disabling it but he said none of that is necessary and the "fix" for disabling it is pretty simple. I wonder if Kia has a similar feature in the software: On the ford trucks - If the computer senses a low battery when starting the motor, it will automatically disable the auto atop/start feature. He says it takes 2 or 3 or 4 low battery starts in a row to trigger it. The GOOD part is that it will stay disabled until a Ford Technician with a factory reset tool resets that error code. He says its as easy as swapping in a old/bad battery requiring a few jumpstarts, and then put the good battery back in. problem solved. If somebody wants to try this out on their kia, post the results for us! I plan to try it "someday" soon, but the old battery I have is too big to fit in the soul, so I'll have to run jumper cables to it, and who knows if the computer requires some drive time between those jump starts. The kia disables it with engine temp, ambient temp with the AC going, as well as distance (shuts off in a drive-thru, move up one car length and it doesn't turn off again until you've driven it some significant distance, as well as low battery just from having all the accessories going at a stoplight), so it stands to reason that this low voltage on cranking would be on kia too, and probably all cars with auto start/stop.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too, have a piece of card shoved in above the switch for a few weeks now. Works perfectly. However . . . .., I was watching a ford mechanic on youtube. Apparently the ford trucks have the same hatred from their owners about the auto-stop. And on the ford forums there is also many "supposed" hacks for disabling it but he said none of that is necessary and the "fix" for disabling it is pretty simple. I wonder if Kia has a similar feature in the software: On the ford trucks - If the computer senses a low battery when starting the motor, it will automatically disable the auto atop/start feature. He says it takes 2 or 3 or 4 low battery starts in a row to trigger it. The GOOD part is that it will stay disabled until a Ford Technician with a factory reset tool resets that error code. He says its as easy as swapping in a old/bad battery requiring a few jumpstarts, and then put the good battery back in. problem solved. If somebody wants to try this out on their kia, post the results for us! I plan to try it "someday" soon, but the old battery I have is too big to fit in the soul, so I'll have to run jumper cables to it, and who knows if the computer requires some drive time between those jump starts. The kia disables it with engine temp, ambient temp with the AC going, as well as distance (shuts off in a drive-thru, move up one car length and it doesn't turn off again until you've driven it some significant distance, as well as low battery just from having all the accessories going at a stoplight), so it stands to reason that this low voltage on cranking would be on kia too, and probably all cars with auto start/stop.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently rented a new Toyota RAV 4 XLE and this too had the auto/stop feature. Every time the car restarted the entire car would shutter. Incredibly annoying. Luckily it also had the off switch available, but of course had to remember to deactivate it each time.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts