Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2021 last weekend. I do not like the auto-stop feature. I want to disable it. I know there is a dash switch to turn it off, but it has to be pressed each time the car is started. I want it turned off...period. I've noticed I can hold the switch before I start the car, and it starts with the feature turned off.
This tells me it's quite possible that I can add a simple parallel a SPST to the button and that would give me the option to leave it closed (button pressed) or open the switch and use the auto-stop feature (which isn't likely).
Does anyone know of a better method for doing it? Does anyone know of a schematic available showing the dash harness? I need wire colors and switch diagrams to add a simple switch.
Thank You all!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’ve seen other people post that they use a little folded piece of paper (like a business card) to keep the button pushed in. I don’t have that “feature” on my Soul, but it seems to work. I’d try that before getting into the wiring.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve seen other people post that they use a little folded piece of paper (like a business card) to keep the button pushed in. I don’t have that “feature” on my Soul, but it seems to work. I’d try that before getting into the wiring.
Yep, after posting it I did a little research and it could cause problems hardwiring a solution. A mechanical solution such as you mention might be a more prudent way of doing it. I may need to take the thing in for warranty work someday, so I need something removable.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Use the "Search" function . . . You will find plenty of discussion covering the auto start feature.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Just like the "OIL" topic, we've posted this one to DEATH!

I use a piece of card stock to Jam the button in, and it's easy to remove when I take my car in to the Dealership for service. One other fellow reported that he used a Toothpick to hold the button it, etc. etc. etc.

Whatever you use, IT WORKS, but just remember to take out your FIX before going in to the Dealership. Don't give them any excuse to VOID your Warranty. Eh?

Pretty little CAR!
Happy Motoring!
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,682 Posts
This forum has a treasure trove of information, you know, like your local library.

Just click the 3 vertical dots in the upper right area of your screen and select "Advanced Search." Take some time to familiarize yourself with how it works and you'll be amazed at the information you can get.

All the best!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a 2021 last weekend. I do not like the auto-stop feature. I want to disable it. I know there is a dash switch to turn it off, but it has to be pressed each time the car is started. I want it turned off...period. I've noticed I can hold the switch before I start the car, and it starts with the feature turned off.
This tells me it's quite possible that I can add a simple parallel a SPST to the button and that would give me the option to leave it closed (button pressed) or open the switch and use the auto-stop feature (which isn't likely).
Does anyone know of a better method for doing it? Does anyone know of a schematic available showing the dash harness? I need wire colors and switch diagrams to add a simple switch.
Thank You all!
View attachment 137010
Until you find a permanent solution just put your blower to defrost and it will never activate.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
And in the heat of summer, which they don't get a lot of in Canada, you can actually FROST up your windshield. lol
Just Jam the danged button and Forgetaboutit!
OK?

Would someone please close this thread. Problem solved!

:cool:

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,682 Posts
And in the heat of summer, which they don't get a lot of in Canada, you can actually FROST up your windshield. lol
Just Jam the danged button and Forgetaboutit!
OK?

Would someone please close this thread. Problem solved!

Agreed! This thread just keeps turning itself back on.........just like AutoStopStart.

Reactions: FLHamster

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Yup! That'll do it! Quite often, it's the simple things, that make life more enjoyable, or at least tolerable.

Happy Trails Mates!

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Huh? What you talking about?

Your dealership charges $165 for WHAT? Certainly NOT for a Toothpick!!!

Just as a point of interest, that switch hinges at the top and has the greatest free travel at the bottom, so it's easiest to jam it at the side lowest the bottom. I've done that simply with a small piece of cardstock, off of the cover of my pocket note pad that I carry in my car. It don't get any cheaper than using something that you already have on hand.
But whatever is used, it should be removed when the car goes into the dealership for service, so there is NO question as to voiding the warranty. The electronic circuit that can be installed behind the switch does not fill the bill.

Cheers!

·
Registered
'18 Titanium Grey + (AT)
45 Posts
It was just improv comedy. Sometimes I think I'm funny.
Sorry for interrupting, please continue...

·
Registered
89 Posts
I use an old black microSD card jammed into the side of the switch. Blends in so well you'd never know it was there unless you were looking for it, and because it has a raised bump at the end it's easy to grab and remove.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Good ol' Yankee Ingenuity, wins every time!
Congratulations!
PS: Is that rotating restaurant, on the tower, still open in Dallas?

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
OH crap! I was so looking forward to having anogther great meal there. Well, I'll always remember the last one I had there.

·
Registered
116 Posts
OH crap! I was so looking forward to having anogther great meal there. Well, I'll always remember the last one I had there.
There's one in Duluth overlooking the largest freshwater lake on Planet Earth.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Use the "Search" function . . . You will find plenty of discussion covering the auto start feature.

Welcome to the forum.
I pushed a toothpick into the thin space between that button and the one next to it. Been a month and it's still there! Push in the button to disable and hold it in w/ one finger...slip in toothpick with another.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts