Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, this is my first post about my new 2014 Kia Soul+

The biggest thing that bugs me, is that when my car turns on the first time, the satellite radio turns on right away as the default source on my stock stereo (it's the red screen one).
This is because I usually use my iPhone via bluetooth. Since that takes a moment to connect it of course won't default to Media/Phone as the source on the stereo at start up.
I'd be fine if it defaulted to the regular radio, nothing...or even the satellite radio with a Music station.
It does not, it goes to the satellite demo channel which is always a guy talking!
I do not want to hear ads, is there a way to disable the demo channel, or even Sirius completely?

Thanks!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Greetings, this is my first post about my new 2014 Kia Soul+...
Hello and welcome to the forums. None of my Souls have done this, there must be a setting that is driving your car to this, not even the base 2012. There must be a setting in there that drives this to open up on satellite radio. All of mine default to regular radio stations on starting up. Of course, I don't subscribe to satellite radio on any car even though I have the three month window on it right now on the 2014, I have not listened to it once.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so far i haven't found any settings when playing with the radio but i'm going into the dealer to get remote start installed (it was promised free during deal closing) so I'll ask them.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I tried my car today, and I couldn't have it default to Bluetooth, appears it goes to the next one inline (which was my usb music in my case). And I don't think you can disable the Sirius radio, so about all I think you could to is turn it over to radio before you turn off your car.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I wish mine would default to my phone as well... even if it took a few seconds until it connected. It should default to the last-used function... radio, Sirius, or BT.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
I wish mine would default to my phone as well... even if it took a few seconds until it connected. It should default to the last-used function... radio, Sirius, or BT.
I know this is a pain, but what of using voice recognition commands? It will set to whatever you want by pressing the button and saying "USB" or "Satellite" etc. My radio turns onto the radio when I turn it on. You may want to try to reset the radio with it off and see what that does.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it takes a few seconds for it to connect to phones but i still wish the media button would still come on when starting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts