Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Never heard of this???...... how do the deer manage to hold them to blow without a thumb???......lol

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yes, and did anybody tell the deer what that noise means? For that matter, how do the deer know to cross the road where the signs are?

·
Registered
45 Posts
This link may help you decide: EB1677 Animal Warning Devices
There seem to be more deer than cars where I live, I've had more than a few close calls. This leads me to say that the Soul's braking system is just fantastic, I didn't think that it was possible for a car to stop in such a short distance.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I didn't think that it was possible for a car to stop in such a short distance.
Me Too ! ! !

2 yrs ago when my Soul was just a couple months old,

Had A Idiot pull out from a side entrance into my lane & stop !

I thought for sure I was gonna T-Bone this Idiot

I braked & braced & at the last moment turned from direct hit on drivers door, toward rear wheel,
All be damm, Soul stopped with 1 inch to spare :p ( the swerve helped )

Sure the Whistle won't attract those animals ? :think

:D

·
Registered
245 Posts
I had them on a Honda I once had. The headlights were a little recessed so I put them in there. Be careful, they have to be aimed perfectly for them to work. They should come with instructions to that effect.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Between upstate NY and our neighbor Pennsylvania there are over 1 million deer, lot's of dead ones every week I have to constantly scan the bush on either side of the road all the way to work

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
I used to live on the Norfolk/Suffolk border in England and travel to work through the Thetford Forest where there are 5 species of deer. I had several near misses and knew people who had deer strikes that seriously damaged their vehicles. Never saw a single deer whistle in any shop.

Here in Toronto you can get them in Walmart, Canadian Tire and other places. Seems daft considering we're in a major city, but I've seen Whitetail deer in the Don Valley way downtown. The ravines that run through the city are wildlife corridors.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,136 Posts
m

I ran over a deer in a 1976 Ford Torino......messed it up good but had some great chili meat...lol. Should have had the damn whistles........:eek:

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
soul aerodynamics are already in the pits - why add on a deer whistle and get even worse mileage ?

not to mention the added weight -

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
no last names, please -
Apologies Mr Er*o

Exhaustive International studies have proved that the negative effects upon vehicle aerodynamics caused by fender-mounted deer whistles are negligible as compared to the detrimental effects caused by having a Bull Moose as a hood ornament/windshield embelisher.

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
yeah, right - "FENDER MOUNTED" - phoney studies by the deer whistle industry trade associations -

everyone knows most are mounted on bumpers -

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
yeah, right - "FENDER MOUNTED" - phoney studies by the deer whistle industry trade associations -

everyone knows most are mounted on bumpers -
This is true. I do appreciate that these placement of these units is left somewhat to the discrection of the installer. One would hope that Daryll has enough idea about their designed operation to at least place them in direct airflow.

I was using the term "fender" out of respect to North-American readers even though I grew up in a country where this part of the vehicle is known as the "wing". Whether mounted on bumber, fender or "wing" the supposed effectiveness of these devices still doesn't "fly".

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
After last nights delivery runs, I want to know where I can buy a Whistle,
That will clear the path of Idiot drivers. :laughonfloor

:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts