Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,450 Posts
I grew up in the city. I can parallel park with 2 points instead of three.
I think that's the trick jd. When I worked in the city I could parallel park easy peasy, mostly because that's almost the only type of parking available.

Practice makes perfect, and man, I'm waaay out of practice.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Reactions: rhysoul

·
Registered
2014 1.6l manual
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
...I look for spots now where I can pull in head first :p
In shopping center lots I look for spaces where I can pull in all the way though so that when I leave I drive forward, not back out.

A partial habit I got into when driving my F-150 for which the visibility to the rear was pretty bad. Anything (or anyone) next to the backend of my truck and shorter than a good 4ft tall (height of the tailgate) would be hidden to me.

·
Registered
452 Posts
o_O Now I know I'm loosing it. Just almost totaled my old '03 Focus, by running over a parking cement barrier! Forgot it was just in front when I parked it. Which reminds me, I'm always forgetting:unsure: where I left my car in the supermarket lot. :whistle:

·
Registered
73 Posts
All states should require a driving test on a road course that includes a wet skid pad. Weave through cones etc. I bet most drivers couldn't pass it. I'm 67 years old and while I don't have the same concentration or reflexes I did 20 years ago, not bragging but I could out drive 90% of the people on the road today. And yes when I was in my 30s I drove a race car on a local track. Most drivers, in a dangerous situation freeze and lock the brakes. Proper way, modulate brakes and steer through it. And don't even get me started on women with cell phones.
Awwww come on, please don't insult me with that women on cell phones. I just came back from a 9 hour drive from Houston and the majority of idiots driving in the left lane, on cell phones were men. One of which was texting and people were fighting to get around his stupid a$$. I do drive a 2010 Soul, stick and learned how to when I was about 14 back in the 70s. Lol.
Irregardless, this story is absurd. If I leave my car anywhere which is rare, I always ask if they can drive a stick.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Awwww come on, please don't insult me with that women on cell phones. I just came back from a 9 hour drive from Houston and the majority of idiots driving in the left lane, on cell phones were men. One of which was texting and people were fighting to get around his stupid a$$. I do drive a 2010 Soul, stick and learned how to when I was about 14 back in the 70s. Lol.
Irregardless, this story is absurd. If I leave my car anywhere which is rare, I always ask if they can drive a stick.
Fine.

But don't 'Men of Great Stature' have rights that do not apply to the rest of us? Is not death by automobile familiar, family friendly and deity approved?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Don't know where you live but in my area 90% of female drivers have cell phones up to their ear. Some men but lots more female.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,450 Posts
Reactions: Hammerhead

·
Registered
2014 1.6l manual
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
o_O Now I know I'm loosing it. Just almost totaled my old '03 Focus, by running over a parking cement barrier! Forgot it was just in front when I parked it....
Damn! How much damage?

One thing I miss about my old pickup - even though it was 2-wheel drive and not 4x4 - was the ground clearance.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts