Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted before about a high idle at startup when the car sits overnight. If the car sits out or in the garage it idles up to 2600-2700 rpms then drops. I took a video the other day, it was 47 degrees out and it revved up. I showed the service dept. and he said there is nothing he can do. Kia has a problem and no fix right now. He said if there is no check engine light there is nothing they are going to do. I have looked around and can't find any help with this. It never did this before and just started. I checked for vac leaks and none, As the car warms up the idle is where it should and its just briefly started to act this way.

·
Registered
744 Posts
If Kia has a high idle issue it's news to me. The Soul, like all cars, bumps the idle up when first started for a few seconds. Off hand, I don't know what the rpms jump to, but if yours is higher than normal there must be a reason and that should be repairable. Is there another dealer you can bring it to?

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,535 Posts
When I first start it up my idle goes to about 1500 and it stays there for the 8-10 seconds I let it sit until I shift into reverse, then it drops to about 1000-1100.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I files a complaint with KIA. They would call the dealer so I am expecting a call from service dept. Yes I can go to another dealer, I may call tomorrow , but KIA stated the other dealer will probably charge a fee. Not happy at all with Cochran Kia in Pittsburgh. I understand about the check engine light is not flashing they can't do anything but its not normal to rev high on a start, even if its 47 degrees out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still nothing from Kia or the dealer. I may call Kia again. If you are in a hurry and have to put the car in drive or reverse its going to do some damage, either hit somebody or go through a wall. You know haw valet works. Kid takes your car, beats it , parks it. Starts it up and bang in gear and flys. This is not safe at all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just wondering bc I talked to the service manager at Kia (every year I feel like since 2015) and they tell me this is a common problem with Soul.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got a call from the dealer wants me to bring it back in. i asked if they could put it back to where it was before the recall, she did not know and was going to get back to me.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I posted before about a high idle at startup when the car sits overnight. If the car sits out or in the garage it idles up to 2600-2700 rpms then drops. I took a video the other day, it was 47 degrees out and it revved up. I showed the service dept. and he said there is nothing he can do. Kia has a problem and no fix right now. He said if there is no check engine light there is nothing they are going to do. I have looked around and can't find any help with this. It never did this before and just started. I checked for vac leaks and none, As the car warms up the idle is where it should and its just briefly started to act this way.
This is because true mechanics no longer exist.......If the screen can not tell them what is wrong or how to fix it....done

1 - 10 of 10 Posts