Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met with dealer yesterday and he told me he had just returned from Las Vegas from a factory event. He saw several of the new colors, but not all. He saw and liked a medium blue, lime green, an orange that looked "different" and a yellow that he didn't like very much. I assume it was the Yellow we have already seen but he described it as a lighter, more washed out yellow...but I'm not convinced it was something different? This guy didn't think he'd be seeing any new cars until November, but another Kia dealer told me they were expecting some in a couple of weeks. Dunno?

My wife and I spent all day at several dealers looking for a used Kia for her. It will be the one she drives to work every day, a round trip of about fifty miles so she had final say. She ended up choosing a 2011 Kia Forte Hatch with only 13K miles. It has all the bells and whistles but it was the sunroof that kicked it over the top. I was pulling for a 2012 Titanium Soul with 16K miles but it was her call. Sorry, guess I'm still an interloper around here...Mazda 3 and Kia Forte in the garage.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
too bad, we don't win them all but your still in the Kia family ;)

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
My wife and I spent all day at several dealers looking for a used Kia for her. It will be the one she drives to work every day, a round trip of about fifty miles so she had final say. She ended up choosing a 2011 Kia Forte Hatch with only 13K miles. It has all the bells and whistles but it was the sunroof that kicked it over the top. I was pulling for a 2012 Titanium Soul with 16K miles but it was her call. Sorry, guess I'm still an interloper around here...Mazda 3 and Kia Forte in the garage.
Well, you can still participate if you want to. According to most of the responses I get on this site, I don't know crap about the Soul or cars in general. You can hang around and be my buddy, we can both learn and wallow in our mutual ignorance of the Soul, glad to have a buddy.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Sure stick around and let us know about the Mazda 3 as it was one of my choices when I bought the Soul. I have heard good and bad about it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hawker- you are more than welcome to continue your lurking. You seem to be a much better interloper than a certain "hedgehog vagabond".

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I shall indeed hang out a bit. I continue to like my '08 Mazda 3 but it can get a bit loud at times. I have the Hatch and I'm pretty sure that exacerbates the sound level. I'm getting ready to replace all four tires and plan to look for a "quiet" high mileage model and hopefully that will lower the decibels a bit. There are a few other details I'm not crazy about but they are all minor and I'll save them for another day.

I continue to be surprised that I even like the Soul. I consider myself an informed "car guy" and also have a Miata that has replaced my motorcycles. I like balanced, quick handling cars...and while the Soul is a good handling car it certainly isn't in the same league as the 3 or the Miata. BUT it is fun in it's own way and the 2012 model with the 2.0 motor and increased sound proofing took away any reservations I had from testing the 2010 and 2011 cars. Drive on!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts