Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought we should start putting together a post of dealers we've had good and bad experiences with so that others who come after us have references...

So far my best experiences have been with:

Taylor Kia in Toledo *Costco Dealership
Crown Kia in Columbus *Costco Dealership
Hatfield Kia in Columbus
Wyler Kia in Cincy/Dayton
Byers Kia in Delaware/Columbus

My only grip on Hatfield and Wyler is they use some sort of call back customer satisfaction service and dont tell you up front. So you start receiving calls and they ask all sorts of questions and it can feel kind of pushy.

Griz from Tyler Kia is on the forums, and he's a lot of fun to deal with..

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hello From Florida

Phil Smith Kia , pompano beach Florida ~~ " OUTSTANDING IN EVERY WAY " they let me go in look around very pleasant and easy to deal with let me ask for help ( no sharks very laid back ) answered all my questions let me pick out my ride , got me financed and out the door i went ~~very easy and simple , i would send everyone i know to them and when and if i am ready i will buy from them again ~~~ BIG ATTA BOY TO SEAN AND PATRICK @ PHIL SMITH KIA POMPANO BEACH FLORIDA AND THE WHOLE STAFF :D

2010 JAVA ! EXCLAIM AND I LOVE IT :p

·
Registered
37 Posts
Cleveland Ohio Area...

So far I have had I was at only one KIA dealership Bedford KIA. So far so good advised me of the calls. Will be returning in the future for an oil change(first) then will be doing the oil changes on my own.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm satisfied

Cochran Kia of Robinson near Pittsburgh. No pressure and they were willing to talk. Got rid of my Jeep Grand Cherokee, gave me enough to pay it off, I'm relieved because without that deal I would not be driving my SOUL. Ask for Dave in sales and Rob the general manager was very helpful.

·
Registered
337 Posts
To tag along with the Ohio area:
King's Kia in King's Mill automall - AWFUL!!! Don't go here.
Jake Sweeney Kia, Florence KY - if you're in the Cincy area, head down here. It's about 20 minutes outside of downtown Cincy, and they are a fantastic dealership. Ask for Sharmane, she's fabulous and a sweet gal. She'll definitely treat you right, and the big bonus - they have a ton of Souls on the lot, and if you don't find what you want, they'll hook up a dealer trade to get it in.

I wanted a 5-speed Sport Shadow, but decided to go with Molten instead. They were happy to switch around my request, even last minute, and I had my Soul in no time.

(As a note, they have the #1 Kia mechanic in the US, and #3 in the world at this dealer... just sayin'!)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Ricart Kia. I went there because I bought my 2005 Ford Focus from them and they've been cool with me.

The salesperson was really nice. He was older though and it felt like he was reading the lecture about the car from a book.

Got a test drive on their own test track without even giving them my name or ID. And the salesperson got out of the car (so he could smoke) so I had some "alone time" to test the car without someone pushing me to buy it.

Only gripe is that they wouldn't haggle and wouldn't give out any freebies.

The buying process was about 3 hours long partly because of the cash for clunkers program and way too many people trading in their clunkers this weekend.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Just to add to the Ricart summary:

The finance guy just called me back and said he didn't process my Capital One loan check yet because he got a call from Huntington Bank about a loan that's 1% lower than Capital One.

Talk about looking out for the customer. He just saved me $10 a month. I know it's not much but every little bit counts. 60 month loan so that's $600 I'm saving thanks to Jeff Becker!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Second thumbs up for Ricart! We went out to look at the Soul after seeing the commercials. They took us out to their test track and we both had a turn behind the wheel. My wife was set on Dune, but the didn't have any on the lot. Our salesperson said that they could get one in a couple of days. He called us the next to say that he had come in on his day off and went and picked it up himself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a great experience at Wyler in Springfield, Ohio. Doug Robbins was the salesman. I felt like I was treated great. The finance lady (can't think of her name) was nice and easy to deal with. Overall, I'd go back to them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Had a good experience with Lujack's, in Davenport (Iowa). Actually, bought TWO Souls... originally bought one for my son, clunking our old Minivan. Then it came to light that my father's old car had some major work needed, and he had liked the kid's new wheels. So he clunked his old car and got another Soul! (And he's 82!)

But anyway - I don't know that I got the BEST pricing, but they were reasonable - and were very easy to work with.

(Note - saw that Lithia Kia in Cedar Rapds was adding $1000 dealer markup to Soul models. They're closer to me, but no way I'll stand for that!)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a great experience with Byers Kia in Columbus/Delaware Ohio. My sales guy, Toby Peery, was fantastic...informative but not pushy in any way. Also, they gave the best deal for my trade out of Ricart, Kings Mill, and Wyler Kia dealerships, as well as two Toyota and Hyundai dealerships. Wyler and Kings Mill were alright to deal with, but Ricart was AWFUL. The guy I talked to first , Don, told me to come see him the next day, and then oops turns out he was off for the next two days! And the "substitute" salesguy Bob Tagget (sp) was a real jerk. Bob never called back with the price like he said he would, and I never heard anything from Don after the first day I talked to him. They told me they could beat any dealership's price, but after seeing Byers price, I guess they couldn't! Oh well. So if you're in the Columbus area, go to Byers! :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Tampa,FL

So far, the experience with the dealership (Century Kia in Tampa,FL) and the service department has been a positive one. Bought my Soul July 11. Had a little trouble while vacationing in Miami and the car had to be taken to the nearest dealer in the area. It was Kendall Kia and they were wonderful. They really delivered what they promised. Can't complaint of the product or the service.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hatfield Kia in Columbus was great to deal with for my Soul purchase. Salesman was Mark Robinson and he was simply awesome. They "gave" me my options (homelink EC mirror, head lamp accents, ipod cable and the polished-brass license plate frames)... salesman said "I took care of you". I was happy. My only gripe, my one head lamp accent was not installed correctly and it's been two months and they can't get one in to replace it. GRRR! Love my Soul though.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Rob Woodward at Scarboro Kia Ontario Canada...Fantastic. Not pushy and more Soul crazy then anyone I know. He is Soul4U. His soul is nice, black done up with bright green accents! I have been to one other Kia dealer, Bessada in Pickering Ontario, and they were very nice also.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts