Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it me or the nature of the DCT.

in sport mode she really does not like being anywhere below 40 in auto trans mode. anything below 40mph and its impossible to hold a constant speed. tried it near the house where the residential speed limit is 30mph and wow, cant hold it at 30mph. I'm either giving to much gas or too little.

in manual trans mode, its fine as long as i use the 'correct' gear for the speed. heck, 20mph in 2nd is doable. no need to constantly adjust my throttle.

she's fine in 'normal' mode btw.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
It appears the D.C.T. in having difficulty modulating itself at certain speeds and conditions.
Owners have been complaining of slippage and "burning smell" at slow speeds as the clutch engages-disengages and seeks its place and gear.
I'm not sure if there is a software update (I think I read somewhere there is) but that might be the ticket here.
The standard 6 speed auto seems to be widely praised by owners and it looks like Kia may be migrating back to that for 2019?

·
Registered
5 Posts

in sport mode she really does not like being anywhere below 40 in auto trans mode. anything below 40mph and its impossible to hold a constant speed. tried it near the house where the residential speed limit is 30mph and wow, cant hold it at 30mph. I'm either giving to much gas or too little.

in manual trans mode, its fine as long as i use the 'correct' gear for the speed. heck, 20mph in 2nd is doable. no need to constantly adjust my throttle.

Mine acts exactly the same. I just stay out of Sport Mode in slow traffic, or manually shift the DCT.

·
Registered
16 Posts

To me it feels like it's in too low a gear and the parasitic drag causes it to be lurchy IMO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts