Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent 8 hours today in the A&E, came home with stitches in my eyebrow and a cast on my right hand. I took a spill on my bike this morning due to dog running in front of me, in trying to avoid the dog my front wheel hit a crack in the pavement and I went flying. Needless to say I am bloody sore tonight.

Pat.

Reactions: y2krtaf

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,474 Posts
Dang Pat, sorry to hear about your accident. I'm sure it's of little comfort, but it could have been much worse.

Get some rest and take good care of yourself!

bike.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,085 Posts
Sorry to hear about your spill, get some rest and heal up Pat. :(

Reactions: sube

·
Registered
615 Posts
Hope you feel better soon. I take it you won't be practicing piano the next few months.

My friend Mike rode a Honda Ruckus 50cc Scooter all the way from Washington DC down to Florida, out to the west coast, up to Alaska (Prudhoe Bay!), all over Canada, and back over 2 years. Total 69K miles! When he was less than a day from home, a dog ran out in front of him and finished his ride quite abruptly and painfully. Linky: http://lostwithmike.weebly.com/scoot

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Probably should have just ran over the dog. Although that may have put you down too.
But at least you wouldn't be the only one hurting. Stupid dog.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
sorry to hear that Pat, you are now making me nervous riding my new e-bike. :joyous:

(shouldn't this be in the off-topic section)

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
Hey Pat, how are you doing today? I can only imagine how banged up and bruised you are, especially after 8 hours in A&E.

Keep us posted and make sure to eat that whole bowl of chicken soup :)

Reactions: MonsterSoul

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Pat, how are you doing today? I can only imagine how banged up and bruised you are, especially after 8 hours in A&E.

Keep us posted and make sure to eat that whole bowl of chicken soup :)
Pretty sore Geo thanks for asking, hand is swollen about 3 times it's size eye was almost closed, however on review it could have been much worse, I came really close to losing an eye as it is cut right in the corner, a fraction more and the eye would have been gone.
Pat.

Reactions: Buzz and GeoSoul

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Get well soon! Is your bike okay?
I haven't even checked my bike yet, it is the least of my worries at the minute.

Pat.

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
Pretty sore Geo thanks for asking, hand is swollen about 3 times it's size eye was almost closed, however on review it could have been much worse, I came really close to losing an eye as it is cut right in the corner, a fraction more and the eye would have been gone.
Pat.
Dang Pat, that WAS a close one. I'm really glad to hear you didn't damage your eye, and also that kind of impact could have broken your orbital lobe. I know it's hard to be grateful when you're swollen and in pain, but you are absolutely right, it could have been worse....much worse.

Unlike your Soul, no airbags or high strength steel to protect us on our bikes. I know you have a strong, positive disposition and trust me, that goes a long way to helping you heal faster. Feel better soon.

Reactions: sube and mikewo6o

·
Registered
2013 Kia Soul +, 2018 Soul 1 Million Edition
779 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mishap, Pat. Hope you get better very soon.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update, i got the cast off today, but I was naive in thinking I would be good to go out of the gate Wrong! the hand is still pretty swollen and the pinky and ring fingers that were immobilized by the cast are now rigid, so I have lots of work to get them moving.
I may even need some hand therapy. But the freedom from the cast is a bonus. It is even off early but I am not allowed to do any heavy lifting for another month, That means mods like changing the rims and painting the calipers and rotors are on the back burner.:blue: Could be worse, hopefully in a couple of days I will have my first drive in the new car if the swelling subsides enough, we will see.

Pat.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Hopefully you are halfway there at least.
I broke my thumb once, got surgery and a cast.
Once the cast came off, I found the hand was too stiff to work the front brake.
Had to get that moving before I could ride again. No fun.
But ride again I did and still do.
Heal well. :eek:nthego:

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
Hey Pat, like Monster says you're halfway there. Now that the cast is off, you can start healing faster. I can't imagine how badly you want to get out and drive that new Soul. PT is boring, but keep up with it and you'll be driving that GT-Line very soon.

All the best!

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,639 Posts
Update, i got the cast off today, but I was naive in thinking I would be good to go out of the gate Wrong! the hand is still pretty swollen and the pinky and ring fingers that were immobilized by the cast are now rigid, so I have lots of work to get them moving.
I may even need some hand therapy. But the freedom from the cast is a bonus. It is even off early but I am not allowed to do any heavy lifting for another month, That means mods like changing the rims and painting the calipers and rotors are on the back burner.:blue: Could be worse, hopefully in a couple of days I will have my first drive in the new car if the swelling subsides enough, we will see.

Pat.
Glad to hear you're out of your cast. I guess I missed your original post. Is that bicycle we're talking about?
You should be limbering up fairly soon. Wishing you a speedy recovery, Pat.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
...Could be worse, hopefully in a couple of days I will have my first drive in the new car if the swelling subsides enough, we will see...
Well it has been over a year since I have driven. I survived so far, you can too. It gets easier with time but I still pine for it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
WOW!
Sorry to hear Pat! Hopefully your recovery goes quickly and smoothely!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts