Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been getting a ETC code of cylinder 1 low contribution for 6 months. About every month it will go into open loop and I cant go past 25-30mph. All my scan data looks normal except the rail pressure sensor detects pressure of 2800-2900 psi anytime I give the car even a small rev to accelerate. Tr he fuel pressure control valve on tr he high pressure fuel pump pump has a resistance of 0.8ohms while spec said .47-.51. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 2017 Kia soil 1.6l base model

· Registered
2,480 Posts
99% of the time that code is for an injector, you can pop your intake off (super easy on the 1.6) and swap the injector with another one and see if the code follows. Get a set of combustion seals as they will likely need replaced when you pull out the injectors to swap them, just the plastic one and you will need 4.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealership replaced the 1st cylinder injector and reset adaptive values. The code came back a week or so later. Had the fuel pressure sensor changed. I'm about to change to high pressure pump in case that fpc sensor is bad? I also had the cat replaced. I used to get the lean under high load code all the time now its intermittant

· Registered
2,480 Posts
The high pressure pump and the rail pressure sensor will not set that code and neither would the cat. The way the engine monitors cylinder contribution is through the CPS, basically it measures the acceleration of the crank on each power stroke of each cylinder and it can compute that one cylinder is not contributing as much as the others. The items you mention all would affect all 4 cylinders. Since it is not registering misfires you should do a compression test on all 4 cylinders and make sure cylinder 1 is not down 30lbs compared to the rest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts