Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing custom size tyres 215/65/R15 on 2012 Kia Soul +. What should be the tyre pressure? We don't want to use the door sticker pressure as its no longer original size.

I found this the following link for calculating tyre pressure. The weight of 2012 Kia Soul is about 2800 lbs without passengers. If we distribute this to each wheel that is about 700 lbs.

https://tirepressure.com/215-65r15-tire-pressure

What should be the optimum pressure?!

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Did you get the tires at a tire place? If so, they should be able to tell you. However, the tire size really is not the best gauge to do PSI. If I were you, unless I had contrary information from a reliable and knowledgeable source, I would put them at 33, a little below the sticker and raise it slowly if 33 does not deliver. On the other hand the tire pressure has to do with the surface area of the tire on the ground at when cold and still, the weight of the vehicle, the volume of the tire and a formula that I do not remember and would have to drag out some old text books to find. Lack of info means that you are going to be safe with the sticker because it probably is not going to change from that very much.

EDIT: Forgot, the max pressure is listed on the sidewall of the tire. Find that to make sure you stay below it. I am sure you will but it makes sense to make sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts