Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I'm new here. I've been reading though this forum since 2010 and all of your posts have only made me want my dream car more. The reason I am jumping in to post now is that. I got married last year, bought a house, and an now able to afford a new car. I've never owned a car that was less than 8 years old and when my husband suggested I get exactly the car I wanted I yelled "SOUL!!!"

Anyhoo, we have been trying and trying and trying to get a 2012 kia soul exclaim in dune. I went to the dealership test drove two on different occasions and dove in.

We place our order Oct 22nd for my own Dune (!) and put down a $500 down payment. December 23rd - our car comes in; only it's not our car. The VIN number matches the order, however it is a Dune base model manual transmission. THE HORROR!

So the hunt begins. We have been bumped up to work with the dealership manager. We have worked through him with 3! (yes 3!) dealerships who have promised to provide dealer trades for our car. All three have backed out and sold the soul promised to us.

Received a call on the 20th of January that a second car had arrived in port in Philadelphia, PA. It was physically check and found to be our car. We were told a delivery date of Feb 7th.

Received a call today that something has happened at the port and cars have been sent to the wrong dealerships and they are working to figure out which car is where.......AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I just want my own soul. Is that too much to ask?

Has anyone else had to jump through hoops like this to get their soul?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Wow! Sorry for all your hassles. There has been a shortage of 2012 Exclaim models because of the demand, so this is why it's taking so long. Hang in there and welcome to the club!

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
It will be worth the wait! I just hope the place it was sent by 'mistake' doesn't bird dog it. Stick to your guns regarding the model and color you want. Sometimes dealers will try and get you to buy something else if they know you are real emotional for a new car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh i'm set on the color and trim. I have been drooling after this car for so long that I had the thing fully built in my head from day one haha. My husband tried very hard to talk me into the Titanium. They have 3 on the lot they can't get moving in our area. I just hate that color. I know there are some people who love it but I'm not a fan.

The only color I wanted more that the Dune/Vanilla Milkshake was the limited edition Ghost. Too bad that isn't still an option.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I am from the Pittsburgh area, too! What dealer are you working with? I got mine through Century III Kia in West Mifflin.

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@66dude - I have been working with Baierl Kia In Pittsburgh. I hadn't heard anything great about or had a good experience with Century III. A little while back I saw that they had a Dune 2012 ! in their inventory. I called and they said "Yes it was in stock and on the lot" They took my info and put a hold on it for me.

I called back 15mins later to verify options on the soul they had in stock and it turns out that they didn't have it in stock they just told me they did to get me into the dealership. I had heard this was a tactic they used from others. They then proceeded to offer me a soul + at discount.

I don't like working with people who directly mislead a buyer. I'm glad you had a good experience with them though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE: We now have the district manager involved in locating a car. Who knows what will be going on tomorrow.

I am starting to feel there is a cosmic evil working against me.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Maybe it came here .... My dealer just Got it's first exclaim since the 5 they got in October .... A fully loaded Dune Exclaim .... I am all the way down here on the Alabama Coast though .... Sorry to hear about all your trouble

·
Registered
456 Posts
UPDATE: We now have the district manager involved in locating a car. Who knows what will be going on tomorrow.

I am starting to feel there is a cosmic evil working against me.
Yeah, I neither had a great experience nor a bad one with Century III Kia. It is just your typical car sleaze-ship. Took about two hours haggling over the price, and I finally was able to outlast them. Yeah... they're not a great place to go. I saw in the car ads recently in the Post-Gazette from Jim Shorkey Kia that the "KIA LOGJAM IS OVER!" They claim to have 35 Souls ready for sale. Is it true? Dunno, but you might want to check them out.

Want a tip? Head over to kia.com, and hover your mouse over the Shopping Tools tab. A menu of options appears. Click on "Search Dealer Inventory" and enter your search criteria. I find that to be the most accurate way of knowing which place has the Soul you want. Good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks 66dude. I just looked on the website and there isn't a dune ! within 150 miles right now. I will keep and eye though. I had just been using cars.com however i'm not sure that they keep that too up to date

·
Registered
767 Posts
Welcome Aboard, Shipmate!

Sorry to hear about the run-around you're getting. I read a Post yesterday, where a Member drove 15-hrs (normally a 5-hr Drive.....) through a Blizzard in Iowa, to pick up his Soul. It took him some time to find it, but he didn't let up.

Hang in there and keep looking!

We're crossing our fingers for you!

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB

·
Registered
456 Posts
Thanks 66dude. I just looked on the website and there isn't a dune ! within 150 miles right now. I will keep and eye though. I had just been using cars.com however i'm not sure that they keep that too up to date
You could also try using autotrader.com. Not sure how accurate their listings are, though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After much waiting and hemming and hawing from the Dealership. A Dune Soul ! has finally arrived!!! We had to threaten to let the local paper know how we were being treated and go elsewhere, but it got the dealership's butt in gear.

They immediately found us a car in Maryland had it shipped over and it arrived this evening. Now we are also getting a lower price and a free 51inch Samsung HDTV in the deal. Woot!!!

NO LONGER SOULESS!!!

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
After much waiting and hemming and hawing from the Dealership. A Dune Soul ! has finally arrived!!! We had to threaten to let the local paper know how we were being treated and go elsewhere, but it got the dealership's butt in gear.

They immediately found us a car in Maryland had it shipped over and it arrived this evening. Now we are also getting a lower price and a free 51inch Samsung HDTV in the deal. Woot!!!

NO LONGER SOULESS!!!
Awesomeness! Post some peekshures!!

·
Registered
456 Posts

NO LONGER SOULESS!!!
That's funny... how many miles are on the odometer? The reason I ask is because today, while on my way home, a Dune ! Soul passed me with PA dealer plates. Wasn't sure if this is the same Soul you got.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts