Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just ordered a new set a tires for my 2020. I got a little over 26,000 miles on the original set. I will post a follow up once I have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 KIA Soul X-Line Neptune Blue w/Black Top. Vehicle Build Date 10/2020, purchased 12/30/2020.
52 Posts
26k... that's disappointing.
Depends on the age of the tire. I've got a set of BF Goodrich AT 295/70/16's on my '02 F-250 FX4. Less than 10K miles, put them on in summer of 2014. Age will kill them.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Soul
27 Posts
26,000miles is not that bad for a 2020 Soul model.
Make sure to share a photo once you install a new set of tires.

·
Registered
2021 Soul LX manual
161 Posts
I love my CrossClimate+ sneakers. Great in the dry, great in the wet, great in the snow. Was happily able to climb a hill in mostly-undisturbed snow that my old all-seaons wouldn't have even let me go down safely.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I’ve got Nokian WR - G4’s on my Soul and my better-half’s Imprezza. They are great on snow slush and good on ice. They are reasonably quiet too, just a soft humm.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These tires are AWESOME!!

They are quieter than my factory tires were new.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've never gotten less than 40k on any tire I've ever owned in the last 50 years, unless I ran over a nail. Of course I don't buy $200 tires either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I Just ordered a new set a tires for my 2020. I got a little over 26,000 miles on the original set. I will post a follow up once I have them.

Got over 78,000 miles on my 2011 original tires. Rotated every 5,000. Ever rotated?

·
Registered
568 Posts
I get it. At over 40,000 km, the OE tires on our 2015 Soul were already smooth and getting overdue for replacement which was finally done at 53,260 km. The OE tires were great for drifting through turns in canyon highways. :cool:

The Michelin CrossClimate+ are wonderful and hold the road like nobody's business. No more noticeable drifting! They are a little noisier than the OE tires but still acceptable.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul GT 2.0L
1 Posts
I love my CrossClimate+ sneakers. Great in the dry, great in the wet, great in the snow. Was happily able to climb a hill in mostly-undisturbed snow that my old all-seaons wouldn't have even let me go down safely.
Did your mpg suffer when you put on the CrossClimate+? My wife'e Tesla Model 3 mileage took a noticeable hit when we put those CrossClimate+ on her car. After a few miles on them now and a little less grip, it has improved slightly. I think when my time comes I am looking at the Bridgestone Quiettracks for my 2020 Soul GT.

·
Registered
2021 Soul LX manual
161 Posts
Did your mpg suffer when you put on the CrossClimate+? My wife'e Tesla Model 3 mileage took a noticeable hit when we put those CrossClimate+ on her car. After a few miles on them now and a little less grip, it has improved slightly. I think when my time comes I am looking at the Bridgestone Quiettracks for my 2020 Soul GT.
Not noticeably - still getting 33 to 35 on the dash counter. I know it's not accurate accurate, but it's a good comparative indicator.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I noticed the reduction in litres/100 km. But don't pay too much attention as we work out of the house and the Soul stays parked for long periods of time.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Since I live in a warm climate (NO SNOW) and I'm a somewhat aggressive driver, by 30k I'd be driving on skins.

I just changed my tires at 21k miles, not because they were worn out, (they were only down about 50%) but because I just wanted a wider tire and better traction. Those OEM's seemed to be fairly Hard, and spun a lot, and were noisy.

Since I'm hard on tires anyway, I just buy the cheapest ones they have at my Firestone tire store.

The new Primwell tires I just had installed, are wider and grippier than the OEM's, and a bit quieter too.

That tire shown in post #15 is what I'd call an 'Asymetrical' tire. I had something like that on my Gen-1 Soul, and they are great for working in SAND, and probably would work well in snow too. My new tires are basically Highway tires, but that's OK, as I really like them.
Once I get out of my neighborhood, and the sand roads, I'm on pavement all day anyway.

Cheers Mates!
FLH :cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts