Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2020 Soul LX used with 9k mile on it in late November 2019 for 15k. 2k miles later it broke down and Kia replaced the transmission. I had yet to go in for the recall about the piston rings. The other day the dealer who replaced the transmission send me a flyer saying that my car was worth between 18.4 to 20k as a trade in. I was skeptical but this afternoon I drove to my local dealer and showed them the other dealers flyer. They showed me a 2022 Soul LX with the same specs as mine, except it had the technology package which added 16" alloy wheels and a bunch of driver assist features. They offered me 19k for my 2020 with 17,800 miles on it. I was out the door 2 hours later with a new car for $3200 including the added tax and transfer and registration fees. I am sure how the economics for this work out on their end, but I'm ecstatic. Now to see if I can cancel my AA wireless order since the new one supports wireless android auto.

·
Registered
2020 GT-White
203 Posts
Usually people post thing like this and think they got a good deal.........But in reality....not even close.

You my friend......it appears knocked it out of the park!!!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
They could offer me $19 K for my 2020 LX, and that wouldn't even pay it off at the bank. I'm still Up-Side-Down!

I'm glad that Someone got a good deal. Really!

:cool:

·
Registered
2020 LX, cherry black
233 Posts
Lord… how much did you pay for it? I payed about $15k new for my 2020 LX.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Had I just walked in the dealership and slapped down cash for my LX, I could have gotten a good deal too.

But, without going into the gory details, let me just say, I was still upside down on my trade in, so that carried over to the 2020. Then they sent me home in the wrong car, a GT, which I didn't want. Then they charged me $3k to trade the GT for a brand new LX. Add it all up and I wound up financing $24k for my 2020 Soul LX, with an extended Maintenance Contract.
My little Jem turned out to be such a special little car, I'm not all that unhappy with the deal.
I took her on my Pizza Run today, and she gave me 41.5 MPG for the 51.8 mile round trip. And, with gas now costing over $3 per gal, I'll take all the good performance, and MPG's I can get. Eh?

Cheers mate
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
317 Posts
My 2020 EX was $21,000 interest free 6 years no payment for 90 days. We bought when covid was taking off and car dealers were doing anything to move cars.....things have certainly changed.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
You can say that again!
Just go to a gas station, or grocery store, to see what "build back better" means. It's not what you think.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Soul +, 2018 Soul 1 Million Edition
817 Posts
You can say that again!
Just go to a gas station, or grocery store, to see what "build back better" means. It's not what you think.
You have been around here long enough to know better-please keep politics out of the forum discussions. I've noticed you keep sliding little political slurs in whenever you can.

·
Registered
2020 SOUL S in Inferno Red
32 Posts
I bought my 2020 Soul LX used with 9k mile on it in late November 2019 for 15k. 2k miles later it broke down and Kia replaced the transmission. I had yet to go in for the recall about the piston rings. The other day the dealer who replaced the transmission send me a flyer saying that my car was worth between 18.4 to 20k as a trade in. I was skeptical but this afternoon I drove to my local dealer and showed them the other dealers flyer. They showed me a 2022 Soul LX with the same specs as mine, except it had the technology package which added 16" alloy wheels and a bunch of driver assist features. They offered me 19k for my 2020 with 17,800 miles on it. I was out the door 2 hours later with a new car for $3200 including the added tax and transfer and registration fees. I am sure how the economics for this work out on their end, but I'm ecstatic. Now to see if I can cancel my AA wireless order since the new one supports wireless android auto.
Glad that you've benefited from this crazy market! I purchased my 2020 S at the end of September 2020. As the 2021s were already on the lot, I got a good end-of-model-year deal. With tax, title, tags, blah, blah, blah, my out-the-door price was $18.8. As an intellectual "what-if" exercise, I periodically appraise the car on Edmunds.com. The current value shows as $17,027--not too shabby. The kicker is that Edmunds throws in a free offer from Carmax, which is offering me $20,500 for the car. Two weeks ago, CarMax was offering $20,900--so maybe other 2020 Soul owners in my area are unloading their cars for such a good price. No worries, I have no intention of selling. I just like savoring the feeling of having bought at the right time/right price, turning this car (temporarily) into an APPRECIATING asset.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The dealer just posted it for sale at $22,997. They also have a new 22 LX on the lot listed for $21,694. I am guessing that Kia will not let the dealer raise prices on new cars and the dealer wants inventory for when those run out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts