Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my son got into an accident over the weekend, the front bumper and one of the head lights was damaged, does anyone know if the new 2012 bumper and headlights will fit without modifications?

http://youtu.be/5HBHUBoRHc4
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5HBHUBoRHc4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I don't see the logic in this. Anywho, the 2012 front end differs quite significantly from the 2011. It's be pretty costly, considering the fact that you only have minor damage to one corner. The entire front end doesn't need to be replaced, which is why i don't see the logic in spending a slew of money on trying to make your 2011's front end look like that of a 2012.

You won't just be able to swap out the bumper and headlights, but the hood and fenders as well in order to make it fit. I may not know what's under the hood, but all it takes is a photo of the 2011 and 2012 side by side to see that that there are subtle yet significant enough differences to where it wouldn't be like just swapping out pieces of a puzzle.

Though, this is only my opinion. I could very well be very wrong. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw a 2012 but not next to a 2011, I guess I have bad eyesight because I couldn't see anything different with the hood or fenders, if those need to be replaced then I'm not doing it.

My first choice would actually be to get this front end The Soul Remix: Kia Soul Body Kit by Atoy Customs | CustomPinoyRides.com - Pinoy Pride In Our Rides!
Unmfortunmately I don't feel comfortable ordering from another country, the hood is definitely different but that would definitely be worth it.

Does anyone know of a front body kit for the 2011? Not a partial but a full one to completely replace the bumper?

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
sorry to see the damage..... glad everyone seems ok. Cant really comment on what needs replacing, but even if the bits do fit you are gonna finish up replacing parts that are undamaged. And for the future - who is gonna want a car that is the back half of one model and the front half of a newer one.....financially the car will be more valuable repaired with the correct bits and you fore-go the newer spec headlamps. IMO.

·
Registered
502 Posts
@808kia : i love what ATOY did with that titanium as well... i would want a quotation for the front end but not the one they put on the SOUL. thats one bare front end IMO but i think for performance reason....sucking much air??? LOL... but i love the grills on both sides of the bumper...bad ass!!! ;)

...ordering this from another country would cost a fortune im sure....but the again, who knows?

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
I stand by my original post here - just revisting this thread after looking at some pics of the 2012 up close. If its something you have decided to try, seeing if the part numbers on the front wings between 2011 and 2012 match will show if the bumper is gonna line up with them ok. And doing a part number check on the bonnet slam panel will confirm if thats changed, and if it hasnt the bits should in theory swap over cos pretty much everything hangs or lines up with these three bits.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
I saw a 2012 but not next to a 2011, I guess I have bad eyesight because I couldn't see anything different with the hood or fenders, if those need to be replaced then I'm not doing it.
One of the actual Soul designers said to swap out the headlights to the 2012 that we would have to replace the hood front bumper and grille.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Checking part numbers might be diificult because my local parts department says they don't have the numbers to the 2012's yet, I actually called them hoping that they would know wether or not the parts were interchangeable, he knew exactly what I was talking about because I wasn't the first to ask, he did congratulate me on being the first to have a reason.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts