Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First my question I went to the muffler shop I had them hack on a magnaflow exhaust that I had left over from a previous car it sounds deep and throaty more over decent but its not very loud does anyone know where the catalytic converter is??? My question is it in the resonater under the car or is it in like the headers? Any help would be great

Also,
So I went a little ham on the spray paint but I think it looks good it was just such a boring black with worn out grey accents. Car sat outside for like 3 years... Also did a underglow kit that looks sick and an be one color like the same green I painted it or go to the music and cycle through. So far u have spent about $60 tell me what you guys think. I'm all about customizing on a budget

2015-05-23 17.44.39.jpg

2015-05-23 17.45.19.jpg

2015-05-23 17.43.51.jpg

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
First my question I went to the muffler shop I had them hack on a magnaflow exhaust that I had left over from a previous car it sounds deep and throaty more over decent but its not very loud does anyone know where the catalytic converter is??? My question is it in the resonater under the car or is it in like the headers? Any help would be great

Also,
So I went a little ham on the spray paint but I think it looks good it was just such a boring black with worn out grey accents. Car sat outside for like 3 years... Also did a underglow kit that looks sick and an be one color like the same green I painted it or go to the music and cycle through. So far u have spent about $60 tell me what you guys think. I'm all about customizing on a budget.
The converter is part of the exhaust manifold .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you I'm gonna go ahead and replace the resonator with a straight pipe and then I'll throw some video up of the sound and some pics

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,100 Posts
It will be loud! Been there done that.....

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'm glad I'm having my muffler shop cut out part of my rear bumper to fit my magnaflow up in it because once I bag my car there's no way I could have the exhaust like that lol anyway I like it nonetheless, have a link to the underglow kit? I want me some purple underglow :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
It's good to have young people around to do the things that young people do. :) I've gone through my share of cars/trucks/motorcycles over the years and it wasn't until about ten years ago that I bought a vehicle that I left the exhaust system alone on. I think I'll leave the exhaust alone on my Soul, too. But it's fun to see/hear what others are doing so GO FOR IT. :very_drunk:

·
Registered
339 Posts
It's good to have young people around to do the things that young people do. :) I've gone through my share of cars/trucks/motorcycles over the years and it wasn't until about ten years ago that I bought a vehicle that I left the exhaust system alone on. I think I'll leave the exhaust alone on my Soul, too. But it's fun to see/hear what others are doing so GO FOR IT. :very_drunk:
Like you, I've done the turbo mufflers, glass packs, et al.
Now I just want quiet. I wouldn't mind a freer flowing exhaust if it was as quiet as stock.

That being said, My diesel Ram has a 4" turbo-back Magnaflow system on it, but it's hardly louder than stock, even after 10+ years.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I decided to leave it with just the magnaflow. It actually has a quiet grumble and sounds deep at 2500 rpm so I'm just gonna leave it like that, used the free stuff I had but really didn't want the fart can sounds. Worked out for the best, videos to come.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,100 Posts
That's the same sound mine has with the MagnaFlow. Quite pleasant....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts