Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of an aftermarket supplier of these?

·
Registered
7 Posts
search armrest and you will find a couple of people with 2014 base with M/T who have swaped out their center consoles for ones with a arm rest.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,682 Posts
Does anyone know of an aftermarket supplier of these?
Hey rk, I'm one of those guys that put the factory armrest in my 2014 (check it out in my garage). You can read the thread about how to do this. Billaz is our friend who got the ball rolling on it. He and I have written directions & what parts to buy.

http://www.kiasoulforums.com/29-how-diy/36970-2014-manual-soul-armrest-conversion.html

Another possible option is an aftermarket unit, but I don't believe one is out yet. Don't waste your time thinking a 2013 or earlier unit will work, they don't, even if some of the ebay vendors haven't done their homework & updated their site specs. BUT, I sold my non armrest factory center console (like whats in your car right now) to a gentleman named Witold Swirski at Armrest Kingdom, Armrest World. He's a very intelligent & nice guy. His company sells tons of aftermarket armrests & they are using my old console to fashion one for the 2014. You can try contacting him to see if they have an ETA for it.

Like billaz pointed out, the total cost to replace the center console with the factory armrest version is about $273 (4 distinct parts). An aftermarket screwzin unit will cost probably $119-$150. For us, it was worth the extra money to have 100% Kia parts.

BTW, adding the armrest & cruise control "completes" the base. You will wonder how you lived without it.

Best of luck! :fat:

Reactions: imthebriman1
1 - 3 of 3 Posts