Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problem:
Basically, the issue was the UVO system stopped outputting sound. The common thought to this is the system believes a phone call is coming through so it has the speaker muted. This issue persists after unplugging the battery, resetting the system, checking the fuses, removing bluetooth and more. Basically, the system is corrupted and has to be changed with a new stereo, either from Best Buy or an OEM.

Solution:
KIA has agreed to fix mine for free. The dealership said it would be a $600 fee but I called KIA support and politely explained what was happening. They told me to take it to a dealership so the dealership could tell me for sure what the issue was, the dealership called KIA support to find out if KIA would provide a "Goodwill" repair for my 2012 Soul +. Well, today the dealership called me and said the part was ordered and next week they will install it, free of charge to me.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,536 Posts
That's pretty cool Eragorn! Considering how far out of warranty it is & to get a free replacement, you must have some great communications skills. Good job :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts