Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No airconditioning since Wednesday. Took it in under warranty and they the compressor is blown. They don't have any in stock as it is not common to have it go. They are replacing it tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Apparently you have been creating too much hot air on the inside of your car. May I suggest perhaps a little less coffee.?:eek::D

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
i must not reply to this thread as i will get a rude PM as a response.....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dropped the SOUL off early this morning as Soul Sailor took my van to work (oh the shame).

Was told it was a 3 hour job but told them I had to have the car back by 11 to go to work. Gave them 3 1/2 hours and a extra 1/2 hour as if I left at 11:30 I could still make it within the acceptable late time zone.

Well at 11 I call and compressor is in but problem is not solved, a/c system is plugged...Somewhere. Seems it was not the compressor after all. They are still looking.

I start planning to take the motorcycle to work but a text from Soul Sailor says it's pouring in tat direction. 10 minutes later it's pouring here.

Call the dealer, actual problem still not found. I ask and they are providing a loaner to get me to work, thank you.

Get to work even later as the 401 is a parking lot thanks to the long weekend.

5 pm, problem is found to be expansion valve but.... it would be available till next Wednesday (long weekend remember) and is another 3 hour job.

Since it's going to be a hot weekend, my OLD BORING mini van with working A/C might get some use afterall.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all that. Saved me from posting the story. What kind of car did they give you for a loaner? Did you fit?

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
have been waiting for this thread to pop up b/c have had something up with a/c pretty much right out of the gate but mine is more of noise that i had to train dealer to hear b/c they thought it was normal engine noise... thankfully, don't use a/c unless it is way hot so mine is still working but do expect something to break in there at some point, but hopefully will hold on for another month or so and then this kia boombox on wheels will be gone, so did you notice any kind of other sound chiming in with engine on when running a/c??

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No A/C worked great, no noises at all it just stopped working after a week of record temps. They are fixing under warranty and provided courtesy car so I have nothing to complain about at all. I just miss my car.

Klas are you selling your Soul?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
klas? you getting rid of your Soul? ;)
What are you getting to replace it?
You won't have any Soul klas.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for all that. Saved me from posting the story. What kind of car did they give you for a loaner? Did you fit?
A well used 2006 KIA Spectra. Car is just plain dirty on the inside but goes pretty good on the highway and most important is free so I can't complain.

oh and the a/c works.

Will return it tomorrow morning when I pick up the SOUL... till the next 3 hour repair takes place but after Tuesday, I'm on vacation so won't need to get to work.

And yes I fit... wouldn't want a car this size to drive any distance but in a pinch... got me to work. Knee's were a bit stiff and sore by the time I got here but thats not the cars fault... old knees!

·
Registered
204 Posts
It's good to run the a/c at least once a week (even in winter) to keep
the seals lubed. They will dry out if the compressor isn't excersised.

have been waiting for this thread to pop up b/c have had something up with a/c pretty much right out of the gate but mine is more of noise that i had to train dealer to hear b/c they thought it was normal engine noise... thankfully, don't use a/c unless it is way hot so mine is still working but do expect something to break in there at some point, but hopefully will hold on for another month or so and then this kia boombox on wheels will be gone, so did you notice any kind of other sound chiming in with engine on when running a/c??

·
Banned
1,609 Posts
Once again, a dealership didn't have even a basic part in stock. That's my biggest gripe with Kia dealership service departments...they never have a f*cking thing in stock. Nothing. At. All. Ever. In. Stock. Seriously, WTF? It's a first for me to have seen numerous dealers of one car brand that don't have sheeit in stock....EVER.

No other car company is like that.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Once again, a dealership didn't have even a basic part in stock. That's my biggest gripe with Kia dealership service departments...they never have a f*cking thing in stock. Nothing. At. All. Ever. In. Stock. Seriously, WTF? It's a first for me to have seen numerous dealers of one car brand that don't have sheeit in stock....EVER.

No other car company is like that.
He said it was because they never have them come in for replacement.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I have worked in the parts departments in a few GM dealers in the past, and it is not possible to stock every part for every car. If all our cars where exactly the same, yes. The dealer doesn't get parts to stock for free. They have to buy them as well. Yes they get them at a lower price, but these cars are new enough that they can't know which ones will be needed the most. My dealer, and I assume most others can get next day delivery of almost any part, so why would they spend a ton of money stocking a part they may not sell for months or possibly never?

·
Banned
1,609 Posts
I see your point, Homer. However...I know a few people with Kias and basically all of them have had the same issue when their cars were brought in for service...parts not available. Three day wait to get the part.

I have an Infiniti I-35. I can go to the Infiniti dealer, need a blower motor for the AC, and viola...it's there, in stock, and installed in a matter of maybe a couple of hours. I can take my Soul to the Kia dealer, need a cabin filter, and be told it'll arrive in 3 days and I need to pay up front.

THAT is my issue. Nothing in stock. Nothing. I'm surprised they even have a f*cking wrench on hand to remove a bolt and not have to wait three days for that too.

It's a whole new low in service for me that I didn't anticipate. That's my gripe. Kia dealers don't even have the basic minimum stuff on hand. About the only thing in stock is oil filters!

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
why would you compare very expensive Infiniti customer and parts service to a much cheaper Kia customer and parts service in any country - let alone USA...... thats why the upmarket brands charge so much more.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Exactly. If the dealer was to carry a huge parts inventory, it would drive the cost up. It costs a lot more to maintain a large inventory.

·
Banned
1,609 Posts
I'm not saying a large inventory, but at least have something. Can't even stock a cabin air filter? Seriously?

True, Infiniti is a luxury brand, and the level of expectation probably should be higher. I am not arguing that point. My only point is that no one I know has ever been able to bring their Kia into a dealership and just have the car repaired that day. No one. Ever. Need a fan belt? Pay for it now and we'll see you on Friday.

Look, no one can expect every part on every Kia car to be in stock, but when literally NOTHING is on hand, that to me is a real problem.

I'm curious, Homer...other than oil filters, does your dealership stock anything at all? I'm just asking out of curiosity.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts