Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming home June 10th I was on the toll road when suddenly all I heard was a grinding, then everything went dead. Stopping traffic, people honking their horns. Nothing I could do. Luckily a sheriff stopped and directed traffic around me, and called for a tow truck. Since then the Soul with 1600 miles on has been in the shop! Yesterday (the 19th) the servive manager called with the information that Kia was sending a new engine for replacement. In all the car will be out of service 3 weeks. The dealership has been good about it all, gave us a 2009 base Spectra, but we sure didnt expect complete engine failure after 1 month of use. Good Luck to others!!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hello From Florida

WOW sorry to hear about that , at least the dealer is cool about it ( not that it makes you feel any better ) keep us posted and if you find out what caused it let us know :cool:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Sorry to hear that you had a lemon.....first one I've heard of....all car companies have duds from time to time....at least they are doing the right thing without a fight...try dealing with Honda or GM...its always a battle and its always the customer's fault!
Be glad you bought a KIA!

·
Registered
447 Posts
That sure is a scary first (and only) post...
Kris

·
Registered
447 Posts
Vinylengraver

Are you as suspicious as I am of a first post?...and no subsequent posts?
Hellz yeah!
But the Sheriff directing traffic was a nice touch.
Kris

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well it was real!....I can show the 75.00 towing bill if need be to you non believers. As it turned out it had something to do with cam. A pin securing something let go. Really nothing to lie about here, I am surprized that was even brought up.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hey, that's cool.
I guess it's pretty typical for people to sign up when they have a bad experience to share. It helps to vent, no doubt...
In the meantime those who have no trouble with the car are enjoying it, instead of trying to find an outlet for their frustration and therefore never join any forums...
I'm actually quite surprised that there is so little bitching and complaining going on around here - we are mainly a happy bunch, aren't we?.
I bet it's because IT IS A GREAT CAR after all!
Kris

·
Registered
337 Posts
Really nothing to lie about here, I am surprized that was even brought up.
Don't be surprised. These cars, like others in their class, are "love them or hate them" vehicles for the most part. Plenty of people have been trying to spread as much bad press, and even outright lies, as they possibly can. Given that, it's a valid concern for those of us trying to track realistic things like potential engine failure on a first body year Kia vehicle most of us own. If we have people draping the forums in false information, it's hard to actually watch out for the real issues. Don't take it personally - each of us here that owns, or is looking at owning, a Soul wants real information, and are actively seeking out truth and driving out mis-information.

That said, I'm sorry that this happened to you. These things do happen with first body years sometimes until some of the production kinks are worked out, but it's never fun to have such a thing happen to you. I hope Kia does right by you, and will have you on your feet in short order. It sucks when you get stuck with the one car in many that has a problem, and I know all too well how that goes - I hope your future with the car goes smoothly, and as well as many of ours has!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I am surprised you had to pay for towing; I thought there was a toll free number from Kia and they would send support. Bummer.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
You should submit the bill for towing...I checked the warranty details and it appears that it will be covered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Still in shop!!

Service manager called today, still waiting for more parts. Maybe done on Tuesday the 30th. Kia Corp. has been involved, they have helped abit. Still very slow on repairs.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts