Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,009 Posts
I am in agreement with you regarding the navigation difficulty and finding new posts.
I cannot figure how you would start a new thread. The Forte forum has gone to this format and I have been tripping around it for a couple of days, but I am far from comfortable with it.

Pat.
it's not that bad I've been checking and posting a few posts on the Seltos forum over the last couple of days and yes it's different but once you get the hang of where the features are it's not that hard. There was also a little tips thumbnail that points out some of the features, but just checking out the headings and seeing what they do usually solves most of the problems.
Found where the new posts are listed and it has a nice dark mode feature. I responded to some threads with the quotes and also posted photo and videos.
No location and drive info on the left, but I put this in my signature line, maybe this is better for the mobile app.

When this site changed from it's previous set up to this current one there was similar confusion and comments. Not to say it's perfect but with feedback it can be fine tuned.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
it's not that bad I've been checking and posting a few posts on the Seltos forum over the last couple of days and yes it's different but once you get the hang of where the features are it's not that hard. There was also a little tips thumbnail that points out some of the features, but just checking out the headings and seeing what they do usually solves most of the problems.
Found where the new posts are listed and it has a nice dark mode feature. I responded to some threads with the quotes and also posted photo and videos.
No location and drive info on the left, but I put this in my signature line, maybe this is better for the mobile app.

When this site changed from it's previous set up to this current one there was similar confusion and comments. Not to say it's perfect but with feedback it can be fine tuned.
Okay Trevor, I spent some time today flitting around the Forte site, I got a little more comfortable,I found how to get the new posts as well as starting a new thread, so I guess when the forum goes to the new format I won't be completely in the dark.

Pat.

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,009 Posts
now finding out that if you post in some sections you have to wait for approval from the moderator, for which there is none at present. I responded to a new member from yesterday
https://www.kiasoulforums.com/25-soul-tire-wheel-gen-1/115559-asap-help-wheels-tires-winter-newbie.html#post1275727
and my answer has still not been posted - why this delay, we never had to go through that before.

Is all these problems related to the change over, or something else? If it is lets get to the new format so we can move on, otherwise there is going to be hardly any members left to bother.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
now finding out that if you post in some sections you have to wait for approval from the moderator, for which there is none at present. I responded to a new member from yesterday
https://www.kiasoulforums.com/25-soul-tire-wheel-gen-1/115559-asap-help-wheels-tires-winter-newbie.html#post1275727
and my answer has still not been posted - why this delay, we never had to go through that before.

Is all these problems related to the change over, or something else? If it is lets get to the new format so we can move on, otherwise there is going to be hardly any members left to bother.
I have noticed a dearth of posts overall in the forum, I thought it was just a slow time but like you I am now coming to the conclusion there is more wrong with the site than members being arbitrarily dumped.

Pat.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Alright, in another test it failed! Got the post won't be visible until a moderator approves it. Seems like we have all been set back to the beginning.

·
Registered
5 Posts
^^^^
And yet, nary a WORD of anything from the ADMIN(not Mods as they are banned too). I'll say it,"This is a MAJOR screwup" and there is no excuse for the Admin not to communicate to us in this thread. Oh wait, maybe it is so screwed up that Admin can't post.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree that site administration should respond but we don't have any idea of what is going on behind the scenes. Shaggy and myself would really like some communication on what's the heck is going on. Please be patient folks as we may not hear from the administration until after migration is completed.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.