Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Administrator
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear Community Members,

We have posted previous messages announcing a new platform coming to your community that will provide a better experience, faster page speed and work seamlessly across all devices, including mobile. We are excited to announce that KiaSoulForums.com will be migrated to our new platform on Tuesday, July 30th. The site will be in maintenance mode and in read-only while the migration is happening. This is expected site behavior as we move all the archived content over to the new sites. There should be no change in the content within your profile. All thread content will also be migrated to the new site. Your community may look a little different but all of the important information will still be there!

If for any reason there is a change of date, we will keep you updated on an alternative rollout schedule for the site migration. We look forward to your feedback on the new experience.

We appreciate your support!
~ Community Support

·
Super Moderator
7,914 Posts
Awesome!! Can't wait to see the new platform.....if I see anything quirky, it will be reported. :smile:

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,617 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Ed.

This will be a new chapter in "Somebody Moved My Cheese." Should be interesting :)

·
Registered
2015 Base AT (1.6) Dirty Asphalt color ("titanium")
656 Posts
Eh, is this change responsible for my having just been notified that my post won't appear until it's moderated? I don't think I've done anything recently to piss people off.

Edit: it didn't do that to this post, just the one I made a few minutes ago.

·
Super Moderator
9,510 Posts
Eh, is this change responsible for my having just been notified that my post won't appear until it's moderated? I don't think I've done anything recently to piss people off....
The attachment or setting of the moderated condition is being controlled by the software and does not refer to pissing anyone off. Sorry about that, I clear them when I find them.

·
Administrator
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
While not overtly breaking, this software is in on the decline. Some features have broken, it's not easy to customize, and what isn't breaking is becoming harder and harder to maintain. The software we are using was released in 2009. It's developer moved on to the next version back in 2012 and there is no more work being done on their end to repair bugs, the only updates being Security based.

Kevin

·
Super Moderator
9,510 Posts
While not overtly breaking, this software is in on the decline. Some features have broken, it's not easy to customize, and what isn't breaking is becoming harder and harder to maintain. The software we are using was released in 2009. It's developer moved on to the next version back in 2012 and there is no more work being done on their end to repair bugs, the only updates being Security based.

Kevin
Kevin,
While we are waiting, some messages and some members are getting "messages need approval" and then show up on my and Buzz's screens as "Moderated" and we have to approve them. I don't see a pattern, kind of random. Can you take a look and see if there is something you can do about it?

·
Administrator
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looked into this and if it's the user's first 5 posts, it will get put in the moderation queue.
Especially if it has a link, image or a large amount of text.

Ed

·
Super Moderator
9,510 Posts
Looked into this and if it's the user's first 5 posts, it will get put in the moderation queue.
Especially if it has a link, image or a large amount of text.

Ed
Thank you but these are seasoned members with hundreds if not thousands of posts. I expect it from the new users so that is not the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Kevin,
While we are waiting, some messages and some members are getting "messages need approval" and then show up on my and Buzz's screens as "Moderated" and we have to approve them. I don't see a pattern, kind of random. Can you take a look and see if there is something you can do about it?
I get a pop up saying I'm banned-no reason given-under my username I have used since 2013(nick1946)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had my old account SoNic67 banned with no explanation. Had to make this one just to post here. Is this a glitch or...?

wtf.JPG

·
Registered
377 Posts
Kevin,
This is happening to me.

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,013 Posts
I had my old account SoNic67 banned with no explanation. Had to make this one just to post here. Is this a glitch or...?

View attachment 121311
be aware that this also happened to me over the last couple of days, it also happened to sube too, so it's not an isolated case. I contacted the site (fortunately you can do it while "banned") and just got notified that it's been fixed - they sorted it for me within a couple of hours of me notifying them. And does work otherwise I could not post this message.

If you log out you can still view the site and if you get the message go to the "Contact us" at the bottom of the site page to state your problem https://www.kiasoulforums.com/sendmessage.php
Initially I was not aware of this so was trying to do things from other forums, just doing various checks and finally found it - don't always go to the obvious first :joyous: I was thinking about doing what SoNic67 did and create a new account to let people know what is happening and to see if there was a fix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Shaggy, you too? There goes our hope
I have news from other accounts that they are locked out. For now those are:

SoNic67 (myself)
sube
nick1946
conwelpic (it seems that his ban came back?)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well folks Buzz was banned also, so that means no one is in charge now.....so the list continues......

Shaggy
Buzz
SoNic67
sube
nick1946
conwelpic (it seems that his ban came back?)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.