Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With many of you waiting for the Soul and some of you even having it and driving around, I thought it would be good to set up a thread where you could post most interesting and amusing comments on your new Kia Soul from your friends, relatives and other people!

I bet this thread will grow fast as Soul looks so special. :)

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I was thinking to post comments that you have received from friends and people and relate to your Soul's look and appearance.

Sorry for not being clear enough. :eek: I think I shoul improve my English

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
People are telling me about a commercial I haven't seen yet, so they are getting a bit more marketing than I did (I followed this from concept, so the commercials had no effect anyway). I'm getting more comments on it though, with most not believing it's a Kia.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just drove mine home last night

I just purchased the Java Exclaim last night with manual tran. It was dark last night so haven't noticed any people's reaction yet. I am the first person in Kansas City to purchase one according to the Kia dealership...so we will see. The upgraded stereo is very nice, and the manual transmission seemed much more responsive than the automatic transmission on the Soul Plus model that I also test drove. The stock stereo seemed pretty good in comparison to the upgraded version. Very fun car to drive.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just took my Soul Sport home from the dealership tonight. They gave me a25 dollar gas fillup credit from a Costco (which even at E, i only used 20 dollars worth) and the gas station attendant. when kinda crazy over the car. Even joked that he wanted to drive it next time I come get gas. He caught the attention of the guy at the next pump. One of those Hummer owners, who was really interested in costs of the car and was completely surprised at the prices. And how much cooler it looked standing next to his expensive, gas guzzling, eco-destroyer.

Got plenty of looks on the way home as well. In Miami, this is no rare feat, with pimped out cars at every intersection.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you notice that when driving your Soul down the street everyone starest at you?

:p

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've had one guy tell me I didn't look like a hamster and a little girl asked me where the hamsters were. I told her they were under the bonnet running on little wheels. Mostly its just stares.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Lol yea my friend said the same thing. "Where are the hampsters!?" Haha. Driving home from the dealer I had alot of cars catching up to me to look at it, and one guy even took a picture:p

·
Registered
180 Posts
Had an older couple(60+) approach us yesterday and asked us to show them the car in a parking lot. They were really impressed.....but i forgot to give them my dealers business card though....Damn....might of missed out on a $100 referral from the dealer!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I get good comments when my friends see my Bright Silver +. The best stares that I get are always from Scion drivers. I passed by a Scion club the other day and had about 20 people staring at me... hahhahahaha

·
Registered
274 Posts
I had a older gentleman praise my ride today at the store. He thought it was a $40,000 vehicle. He was very impressed with the price, especially with the power features and engine it has in it for the price I payed. His exact words were that 'I had it made'!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Gerbil?

I have been asked more than once if I feel like a Gerbil in my car. It's just a comercial people!!?? Others have said that they just cant imagine me in this car, as I used to drive a truck.

I have encountered another Soul at a stop sign. It was much like mine, same color. There was an older couple in it, we just smiled and waved, knowing that fate had brought two great vehicles together in the same spot at the same time!!!;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
I was getting ice cream at this 50's drive in, and this awesome 60-something VW BUG pulled up. It was cherry red with 5 star cragar rims and lowered. The interior was red and creamy tan.

The guy got out and looked at my car. Before I could get out the words "Nice bug!" I heard him say "I like your car." Awesome moment.

Older people love the car and younger people seem to like the car just as much. OMG, brothers LOVE this car. I've had so many kids in my neighborhood stop and stare. One guy walking on the sidewalk almost tripped and fell down he was staring so hard!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Today we went for a trip to Bellingham (a nice freeway trip on I5) and the car performed like a dream!

While crossing the border in Blaine, WA I had a chat with the attending US customs officer about - you guessed it - my Soul. He asked me a bunch of questions about the car and he liked my hounds tooth stripe. As he put it, it was cool but not to flamboyant. "You couldn't miss this car - it's one of a kind", he said.
I guess it's a good thing for both of us. :D
Kris

1 - 20 of 34 Posts