Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I was wondering what you think about removing the driver side blank insert, where the fog light would go, and building a cold air intake that runs to that hole?

My idea is to build a plywood box around the air filter and securing it to that hole, then running the hose up to the engine. The stock box would have to be removed, but do you think this would work?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I have the inserts from SSD with the ducting to the intake. It works great and looks cool. The inserts are made of powder coated metal with a screen on the inside. Provides functionality and looks a ton better than the plastic blanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Be careful how you do this... the last thing you want is an easy path for water (and other stuff) from the front of the vehicle to the engine. You don't really want ram air for a car/engine like the Soul - it can get plenty of air at regular atmospheric pressure. Since you are in SoCal I'm sure you don't worry much about snow clogging it, but water and dust/dirt would get driven in to the foglight opening all the time.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah it was a bust project. Im just going the get the SSD CAI when i get some more money, First though im getting their roof rack. I love all the products SSD makes and would like to eventually trick out my soul with them

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have the SSD intake and the fog light inserts. I don't have them connected, and they are about 6 inches apart at an angle. I believe that any moisture will blow straight back, and intake should be ok.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts