Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading about warning lights and code updates I wonder if Kia does updates when cars are in for service? Is that something I need to ask for? How do owners know what software/hardware needs to be updated and if it has been done?

Warning lights have been signs of danger in the past but now Kia says sometimes it is OK to drive on while other times it is necessary to stop immediately. How do we know the difference without calling Kia? How do we know if simply driving on will give the error code time to correct itself?

While reading these forums I have noticed electrical circuits on Kia Souls to be not just sensitive but also delicate. When on past cars I could simply tap on and install driving lights, or whatever, but now it takes a degree to understand circuit amps, computer inputs and how the Negative Circuit is involved, on circuits that Kia will not tell what they do, much less where they go. It seems the best thing for Kia owners to do is nothing. The Kia site that would have helped has now become a paid site with higher charges than most owners will pay and may well give advice owners will not understand. It is for sure Kia owners, of any model, need sites that we can get help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts