Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

Might anyone experienced with the Soul be able to help with my check engine light with P0011 and P0012 codes??

Have replaced the oil filter with Kia OEM, and the oil control valve, again Kia OEM as per advice from Kia dealership--

Any clues whatsoever as to what I might attempt to do to get this light cleared??

Any input or ideas for a remedy would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks so much for your time!!

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,530 Posts
Does the car run ok with the new control valve? If so, maybe you can reset the CEL with an ODBII Code Reader & see if the light comes back on.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Hello Everyone!
Might anyone experienced with the Soul be able to help with my check engine light with P0011 and P0012 codes??
Have replaced the oil filter with Kia OEM, and the oil control valve, again Kia OEM as per advice from Kia dealership--
Any clues whatsoever as to what I might attempt to do to get this light cleared??
Any input or ideas for a remedy would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks so much for your time!!
Since you've not put your car's year, or model in your "Drives" section of your profile, it makes it pretty hard (impossible) to give you any meaningful advise. But if you've already talked to someone at a Kia Dealership, why not call them back?
Is your CEL light still on? It may need to be manually reset. Some auto parts stores will even do that for you for free.

Good Luck!
:cool:

·
Registered
217 Posts
From googling the codes it looks like both are camshaft sensor related. As mention most stores will read codes for free, the autozone near me said they no longer clear them, not sure if this is company wide or this store.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts