Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Soul, 1.6, 6MT. 49,000 miles.
The clutch engagement has been noticeably "choppier", has anyone had a similar problem?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
2016 Soul, 1.6, 6MT. 49,000 miles.
The clutch engagement has been noticeably "choppier", has anyone had a similar problem?
I sometimes notice that on the first couple of starts from a dead stop on cold mornings when the previous day was warmer, and then it goes away.

I can't duplicate it after the first few starts from dead stop, nor does it happen on warmer days, nor does it happen when the temperature has been consistent. It only happens on a cold morning when the previous day was warmer.

I've had this happen on other cars (including a 2012 Soul). Because temperature changes are always involved and because it goes away once the car is running, my guess has always been condensation on the flywheel. I suppose it could also be some thermal thing going on with the fluid, as well; but I think condensation is a lot more likely.

Richard

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
From the InterWeb (that's for you Richard ;))

Most clutches are designed to last approximately 60,000 miles before they need to be replaced. Some may need replacing at 30,000 and some others can keep going well over 100,000 miles, but this is fairly uncommon.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
From the InterWeb (that's for you Richard ;))

Most clutches are designed to last approximately 60,000 miles before they need to be replaced. Some may need replacing at 30,000 and some others can keep going well over 100,000 miles, but this is fairly uncommon.
I typically get 100,000+ miles out of them because I live in the boonies, so once I'm a mile or so from home, there's little use of the clutch. I also don't ride the clutch or hold it while waiting for lights, which a lot of younger drivers seem to do.

Richard

·
Registered
31 Posts
I typically get 100,000+ miles out of them because I live in the boonies, so once I'm a mile or so from home, there's little use of the clutch. I also don't ride the clutch or hold it while waiting for lights, which a lot of younger drivers seem to do.

Richard
This fabled thing called a clutch... Only hear about its existance in the gears R and 1..
Who decideded to make a clutch that only lasts 30-60k anyhow.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts