Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if it's all in my head, but I've noticed in the past couple days that the pedal seems to feel a bit more rough or "textured" than it used to. Not always, but often in lower gear/speeds.

Maybe I'm crazy, maybe I've been shifting differently (moving the pedal more slowly) recently so I've just started to notice that it's not very smooth.

What I'd mostly like to ask is if it's normal when slowly lifting the pedal (while the engine is on and the car is in neutral) for it to feel... "textured" is the best term I can come up with. Not completely smooth action; slightly bumpy. I'm just concerned because I don't remember it always being so.... but I don't really trust my memory either.

Also I'm completely and utterly insane and this is why I didn't want to own a car, lol

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,477 Posts
hey jedin, great to hear from you again.

So, silly question but are you wearing new shoes or different shoes? Honestly sometimes that can give a different feel from the clutch pedal.

Also, is there any "noise" associated with the textured pedal? Any performance difference from the gearing, like where the clutch engages?

All the best!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think there's noise or performance difference that I've noticed. Same shoes I've been wearing a while. I was wearing thin socks when it first started bugging me but I think that may be stretching a point, lol.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This issue has persisted and has REALLY been annoying me. There was actually a point a while back where it felt completely smooth for like two days then went back to feeling rough. Sometimes it's varying degrees of rough through the whole drive, sometimes it's intermittently smooth. I'd actually sorta convinced myself it was normal until those couple days where it felt smooth again.

If I completely distract myself I can drive without noticing it, but it's gotten to the point where nearly every freaking time I'm shifting gears I'm anticipating it feeling kind of nasty.

It doesn't seem to have any adverse affect on the actual driving performance of the car, but...

To elaborate, other terms I might use to describe the feel of the clutch pedal is notchy or gritty. When the car is off the pedal is completely smooth. When it's stationary in neutral I feel "notches" when slowly moving the pedal up and down. When changing gears while driving It generally feels rough or gritty to varying degrees (generally more often shifting up into third and such, but not limited to any shift or speed really... and not very consistent), occasionally smooth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts