Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in Connecticut and, like much of America, it is very cold this morning (14 FEB 2020).
When I got in my car this morning for my commute to work, I noticed that the time was not being displayed on my screen.
It showed:
- - : - -
My commute is 30 minutes long and the time never came back.
Once I got to work, I spent another 15 minutes doing whatever I could.
1) I saw not a single thing on my screen related to time... not in Setup, not in Advanced Settings... nothing.
2) I "Reset to Factory Settings" and it did not work.
3) I turned the car off and then back on thinking that a standard power-on-reset would work. Maybe I needed to wait longer on that, but I was already 30 minutes late for work.

Does anybody know what is going on?
Does anybody know what I can do to fix this?

I am not a happy camper right now...

================

Also, tangentially, while I was exploring Advanced Settings, I am under the impression that my car could use software update. When I attempted it, I got some kind of message like device not ready or something. Sorry, I don't have a pic because my phone was in my backpack in the back of the car.
I don't know the manual cold and only had the car for 6 months/9300 miles, so I am hoping maybe you folks can provide some insight.
Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had an issue like this on my 2016 with Navigation. It stopped displaying the time randomly one day. I just had to press the reset button and takeout and reinsert my s/d card and it all came back. I see you "reset to factory settings" but i'm not sure if that does the same thing
I did.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,401 Posts
Hey VJ, try the good advice Homer gave & if that doesn't work, try a hail mary by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes & reconnect.

This might help the clock snapoutofit.

Keep us posted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts