Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
having the same problem with my 2014 kia soul clock everything else works. But the clock setting are all grayed out. tried the reset but that did not work.. can anybody help with this issue. Dave
Mine went out same way on 2015 Optima just about same time

R
having the same problem with my 2014 kia soul clock everything else works. But the clock setting are all grayed out. tried the reset but that did not work.. can anybody help with this issue. Dave
Time and date grayed out on my 2015 Optima about a week ago too!!! Does it come in batches? I’m in Ma.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Kia/Hyundai software update that caused a glitch appears to be fixed. You may have to do a reset on the radio or with power off, removing and replacing the SD card will cause the GPS system to be rebooted. I did that but then went to the settings/clock and had to put the GPS back on and there was the clock... Happy camper... (I had tried the SD card and reset earlier in the week with no success. Kia had told me Tues that the software should be fixed by Friday - yesterday so the glitch appears to be fixed)

·
Registered
11 Posts
If it is a satellite issue......maybe enter the time manually(switching off GPS time in settings)Lord knows what else can be askew navigation wise!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Click below for the link

Hi there!
I had the same issue with my 2015 exclaim. I turned my radio unit off and took it the SD card (map/ navigation). Then I proceeded to turn radio on and put in SD card. The system rebooted and my clock came back. Side note: in the navition settings under GPS, there I found out (initially) that the current time and date were wrong. That's how I knew that there was an issue with the SD card. Because the radio displays the time it gets from the GPS (satellites). Mine was stuck at 3:59:59 Feb 1969.
I didn't think of the SD card but disconnected the battery & it rebooted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have same clock issue but nothing has worked for me. I’ve been to the dealership twice and I’ve tried all of the solutions on this forum to no avail. I’m a bit upset that Kia hasn’t issued at the very least a statement acknowledging this problem.
Is there any updates anyone knows about.
Should just wait and hope to hear from Kia?
16’ soul ! Dallas Texas
Jesse

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,126 Posts
posted on the Soul UK forum

From Kia Customer services:

"We can confirm we’ve received a small number of reports from our customers that the clock facility has stopped working on their navigation system.

Having investigated reports, we’ve identified this is due to an internal calendar issue affecting the clock display. To overcome this, a hard reset needs to be completed. This involves the fuse and battery being removed for more than 15 minutes.

The procedure should be done at a Kia dealer to ensure the unit reboots correctly. This will also allow them to take next steps if there is any resulting issue. All dealers have been made aware of this procedure (to be covered by warranty) so please give your dealer a call to arrange a booking.

We hope this helps and please give us a call if we can be of further assistance.

Kia Customer Service"

https://www.kiaownersclub.co.uk/foru...k-missing.html

Someone else suggested the following:
"For anyone with no clock display, information directly from Kia as I work for them, and have carried out this procedure today successfully. Press the reset button on the front of the stereo, it’s on the front near the screen a hole small enough to fit a cocktail stick in. Remove the audio fuse, and the SD card and leave for 15-20 minutes. Refit the fuse and SD card, and turn the audio system back on and allow it time to reboot. This should bring everything back to life. If you are not technically minded enough to do that, or if the above procedure doesn’t work then contact your Kia dealer."

·
Registered
546 Posts
Has anyone been able to determine what year and trim of the Souls were affected by this? I have a 2014! w/8" screen and this clock issue hasn't affected mine (yet). I'm too lazy to check at this point, but I forget which setting I have my clock on (by GPS or manual entry)...does that even matter?

·
Super Moderator
9,510 Posts
I have been through this also on my 2017 with the 8" screen. What I did was to turn off the car, pull the SD card, turn the car on, and plug in the SD card. It worked fine after that. I did this relatively recently but it has worked fine since then.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have been through this also on my 2017 with the 8" screen. What I did was to turn off the car, pull the SD card, turn the car on, and plug in the SD card. It worked fine after that. I did this relatively recently but it has worked fine since then.
On mine, ('16 plus with premo package) I took it to the dealer and the service writer had one of the mechanics go with me outside and after a couple of other things, he did what you said and everything went back to normal. No charge, which is as it should be. It's been a few weeks now and still working properly.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I agree tampa, seems like getting the dealer involved will be frustrating. They'll probably try to get you into a new car instead. Would the head unit still be covered? For some reason I thought that only went 3 yrs/36k, but not sure.
That depends on the electronics.. I ended up getting the power protect for the headunit, speaker lights, yada yada, as they were barely covered at all.. And word to the wise.. don't leave the screen all the time if you can help it.. keeping it dark prolongs the life of the whole unit.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts