Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
AWESOME! Thank you so much! With the car off I removed the SD and started the car. Let the system boot and the clock displayed with the correct time even. Turned the car off, reinserted SD and started car: the time was still displayed!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there!
I had the same issue with my 2015 exclaim. I turned my radio unit off and took it the SD card (map/ navigation). Then I proceeded to turn radio on and put in SD card. The system rebooted and my clock came back. Side note: in the navition settings under GPS, there I found out (initially) that the current time and date were wrong. That's how I knew that there was an issue with the SD card. Because the radio displays the time it gets from the GPS (satellites). Mine was stuck at 3:59:59 Feb 1969.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,
I've got a preowned 2014 Exclaim and my clock stopped working yesterday too! How strange huh?!? I'm going to try the SD card and see if that fixes the problem too, fingers crossed!!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Didn't work for me. I have nav time turned on. I went to setup> navigation and checked the satellite status. Reading several satellites, but the satellite time reads 3:59 pm, 1969 (actual time was a few minutes past 3)

Hey guys. I'm only 10 years old

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
These are the instructions I posted with but with more detail and has a better chance of working. I do NOT recommend taking the SD card out or replacing it while the radio is on. I realize some have had not problems doing it.
1. Start with the radio OFF.
2. Take out the SD card
3. Start the radio and wait.
4. There will be a notice there is no SD card inserted or something similar. Wait.
5. It then should say it is changing the display, that is the key. It should change the display showing no navigation and the clock should return at that point.
6. Turn off the radio.
7. Insert the SD card
8. Start the radio and all should be ok after it gets loaded again.

·
Super Moderator
9,510 Posts
AWESOME! Thank you so much! With the car off I removed the SD and started the car. Let the system boot and the clock displayed with the correct time even. Turned the car off, reinserted SD and started car: the time was still displayed!
Welcome on board.

·
Registered
1 Posts
These are the instructions I posted with but with more detail and has a better chance of working. I do NOT recommend taking the SD card out or replacing it while the radio is on. I realize some have had not problems doing it.
1. Start with the radio OFF.
2. Take out the SD card
3. Start the radio and wait.
4. There will be a notice there is no SD card inserted or something similar. Wait.
5. It then should say it is changing the display, that is the key. It should change the display showing no navigation and the clock should return at that point.
6. Turn off the radio.
7. Insert the SD card
8. Start the radio and all should be ok after it gets loaded again.
Thanks..The problem has been resolved.
soul 2016

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok this clock failure is sounding like a virus or something. Why would so many folks have it happen at the same time?

Can someone post a pic?
My clock stopped showing the time 2 days ago Sat. Aug. 17. It just dissapeared. Tried some of the things listed in this forum, no luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same thing happened here;. date went to 2036, next day no clock on display, and clock settings grayed out. Pulled out SD card and put it back in and seemed to fix problem.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My 2015 Exclaim Primo package also lost the clock (I noticed yesterday). Removing and reinserting the SD card also worked for me :)

Now my remaining question is WHY did this happen? I think it's sooooo weird. Are we getting updates to the onboard Navi/UVO system without knowing it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just find it funny that it was February 6, 2036 for everyone. My husband and I joked that must be the day one of us was going to die... But now that we see sooooo many people had the same issue - just must mean that's the day the world is going to end!
:ROFLMAO::alien::LOL:

2014! Soul - Took out the SD card as per instructions. Rebooted, etc. It didn't work at first, but when I got back in my car and restarted again after lunch, its working fine now. Thank you, helpful people! Glad I didn't have to go in and get ravaged by the dealer for that....

41 - 60 of 94 Posts