21 - 40 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Click below for the link

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I am thinking there was a hiccup in the data coming to the clock or maybe somehow it was corrupted data and just like some other electronics when the data returned the clock couldn't see it till being "reset." If some people saw the year 2036 something wrong was transmitted!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
2014 ! radio (the upgraded radio) the clock only shows the lines. When the radio is off the clock screensaver shows 12:00 only. In clock settings GPS is on, I can turn it on and off but all other clock settings are grayed out. Everything else works, navigation knows how much time to a destination, the GPS is working etc. All radio including SiriusXM works.

First has anyone had that issue and found the solution?

Second, I am checking fuses I did see one post online that someone had this issue and it was the fuse that retains memory. But it was I believe an earlier model. I don't see an obvious label for a fuse for memory, does someone have more insight on that? I have checked inside and under the hood fuses so far I don't see a blown one.
Just saw this post, I was hard wiring a dash can in my 2020 GT-Line LTD I noticed a fuse marked memory. I wondered what it was for, I thought maybe a memory seat in other markets.

Pat.

·
Super Moderator
9,510 Posts
My clock stop working today also everything else is working but like someone else said the other function for the clock are grayed out.. can some help me with this.. Or should I disconnect the battery to see if that works.... HELP !!!! David
Welcome on board.

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,079 Posts
I wonder what is triggering this clock change as this is also reported on other Kia forums on various Kia models and all around the same time.

it seems like pulling the multimedia fuse and putting it back appears to solve the problem for some.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome on board.
My clock was not working this morning too. 2016 Soul. All options greyed out and could not get time of arrival on GPS (but could get minutes to arrival). I removed my sd card, blew on it for good measure, re-inserted and everything booted back including the clock!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Confirming...
Start car,
Let radio/nav boot,
Time missing, Remove SD with car/radio/nav on, Wait 30 sec,
Reinsert SD card,
Radio/nav auto-rebooted,
Time back on display.

·
Super Moderator
9,510 Posts
Sorry folks. This thread had, at the same time, three threads on the same topic. In some cases, the posts were identical in each post. I combined the three threads and it caused duplicates to show up. That is why there are so many deletions showing here.

I also am going to make it a sticky, as soon as I figure it out.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Confirming...
Start car,
Let radio/nav boot,
Time missing, Remove SD with car/radio/nav on, Wait 30 sec,
Reinsert SD card,
Radio/nav auto-rebooted,
Time back on display.
Didn't work for me. I have nav time turned on. I went to setup> navigation and checked the satellite status. Reading several satellites, but the satellite time reads 3:59 pm, 1969 (actual time was a few minutes past 3)

Hey guys. I'm only 10 years old

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Didn't work for me. I have nav time turned on. I went to setup> navigation and checked the satellite status. Reading several satellites, but the satellite time reads 3:59 pm, 1969 (actual time was a few minutes past 3)

Hey guys. I'm only 10 years old

I read on another forum that it is a satilite problem. It would have to be some thing major to cause so many cars to lose there clocks at once.

21 - 40 of 94 Posts