Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My radio stopped showing the time and date and the settings for the clock at greyed out. Tried the reset button above the Map button, doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
2014 ! radio (the upgraded radio) the clock only shows the lines. When the radio is off the clock screensaver shows 12:00 only. In clock settings GPS is on, I can turn it on and off but all other clock settings are grayed out. Everything else works, navigation knows how much time to a destination, the GPS is working etc. All radio including SiriusXM works.

First has anyone had that issue and found the solution?

Second, I am checking fuses I did see one post online that someone had this issue and it was the fuse that retains memory. But it was I believe an earlier model. I don't see an obvious label for a fuse for memory, does someone have more insight on that? I have checked inside and under the hood fuses so far I don't see a blown one.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
That's a weird one tampa. Probably just coincidence, but a new user posted in thread "Resetting the click" (typo) that hers has malfunctioned.

Would going old school & disconnecting the battery for 10 or 15 minutes be worth a try?

All the best!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
That's a weird one tampa. Probably just coincidence, but a new user posted in thread "Resetting the click" (typo) that hers has malfunctioned.

Would going old school & disconnecting the battery for 10 or 15 minutes be worth a try?

All the best!
I may have to try it if nothing else works! Clock settings being grayed out would seem to indicate it isn't getting power for the clock but with electronics who knows. I may end up pulling every fuse to see if I can find a bad one. Then after all that work take your suggestion and probably it will fix it.... :)

I see a post by a Stinger owner who had the same problem, no fuse problem, he did reset the radio, pull the fuse for the radio etc. Before he got to the dealer it fixed itself. Have no idea if the two problems are related.
I'll bring it to the dealer under warranty if all else fails, they may have insight, or have seen this before. It usually becomes more trouble then finding the solution myself for radio related things.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
I may have to try it if nothing else works! Clock settings being grayed out would seem to indicate it isn't getting power for the clock but with electronics who knows. I may end up pulling every fuse to see if I can find a bad one. Then after all that work take your suggestion and probably it will fix it.... :)

I see a post by a Stinger owner who had the same problem, no fuse problem, he did reset the radio, pull the fuse for the radio etc. Before he got to the dealer it fixed itself. Have no idea if the two problems are related.
I'll bring it to the dealer under warranty if all else fails, they may have insight, or have seen this before. It usually becomes more trouble then finding the solution myself for radio related things.
I agree tampa, seems like getting the dealer involved will be frustrating. They'll probably try to get you into a new car instead. Would the head unit still be covered? For some reason I thought that only went 3 yrs/36k, but not sure.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
2014 ! radio (the upgraded radio) the clock only shows the lines. When the radio is off the clock screensaver shows 12:00 only. In clock settings GPS is on, I can turn it on and off but all other clock settings are grayed out. Everything else works, navigation knows how much time to a destination, the GPS is working etc. All radio including SiriusXM works.<<

Ditto , this AM my clock showed the wrong time - off several hours. Went to clock settings all buttons worked but clock was not correct. Then when I restarted the vehicle no clock, only GPS slider works other touch buttons do not work.
I went into the update firmware and did that, then tried the reset button a couple of times. Still no clock function...but the clock does show on the screen save mode but time is off. Today I just shut off the full head unit....will be curious if the clock will work again.

A few years ago the head units in a few people cars would switch radio frequencies after a minute or so....happened a few times. Thought was that the Sirius XM updating was screwing up the start up settings.

This is wierd that someone else has had a problem.....I wonder if the GPS is off in my area (SF Bay Area) though my cell phone clock is ok....

ADMIN: Should this thread be put in the ICE & Communications forum?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I agree tampa, seems like getting the dealer involved will be frustrating. They'll probably try to get you into a new car instead. Would the head unit still be covered? For some reason I thought that only went 3 yrs/36k, but not sure.
head unit is covered for only 3 years....and they are expensive...at least a digital clock that you can adhere to the dash can be done...better clock screw up than navi, phone, and audio etc. failure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My clock stop working today also everything else is working but like someone else said the other function for the clock are grayed out.. can some help me with this.. Or should I disconnect the battery to see if that works.... HELP !!!! David

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Ok this clock failure is sounding like a virus or something. Why would so many folks have it happen at the same time?

Can someone post a pic?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got in my car today and the clock looks like this. - -/- - Did everything could not get the time display back. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Mine just did the same thing today! Was searching for answers also
My clock stop working today also everything else is working but like someone else said the other function for the clock are grayed out.. can some help me with this.. Or should I disconnect the battery to see if that works.... HELP !!!! David

Update.
A happy accident, I got the clock back. I just got the new map update today, had not installed it yet. It made me think and with the car off I took out the map SD card, and started the car. Got the message no SD card installed or something similar, and then it would update the display. It did, and the clock returned with no navigation screen of course.

I updated to the new map and so far all is good clock is back. Since we now have a couple more posts with this problem I would have thought the problem was from where the clock gets the time rather than a problem on our end. So I don't know if it was a coincidence it worked at the time I pulled the card or not. If others no longer have the problem it was a coincidence. If you do have the problem try what I did. In your case turn off the car and put the same sd card back in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
having the same problem with my 2014 kia soul clock everything else works. But the clock setting are all grayed out. tried the reset but that did not work.. can anybody help with this issue. Dave

·
Registered
445 Posts
There is a long thread on FB of many owners who are experiencing something similar since last night. Either the clock is not showing any digits (-- : --) or showing wrong time and future date of 2036. Someone reported taking out the SD card (waiting 30 secs or so)and then things getting back to normal.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
There is a long thread on FB of many owners who are experiencing something similar since last night. Either the clock is not showing any digits (-- : --) or showing wrong time and future date of 2036. Someone reported taking out the SD card (waiting 30 secs or so)and then things getting back to normal. View attachment 131941
Yes, the fix was posted above. 2036 is a nice wrinkle. :)

1 - 20 of 93 Posts