Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
We have seen this before. There were a couple of accidents involving Souls that had fiery results. I believe that we concluded it is a group of lawyers without enough to do. There have been arguments about the straps on the fuel tanks and them not being secured properly. I believe that you can find some threads on here that talk about those accidents.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
A few months back, when I did a search for Soul gas tank fires, exploding gas tanks I just found the one accident in TX in which 4 people were killed. More Teslas showed up with exploding or fires & gas tanks. And there are a lot less Teslas on the road than Souls.

Just too many sue happy attorneys. One of the reasons medical and vet bills are so high cause insurance is so high.
We the people ought to start a class action law suit against the attorneys with all their frivolous lawsuits.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Bravo!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
MDL lawsuits are nothing but bread and butter for the attorney's representing the class. In 99% of those cases, a settlement agreement is signed, and the "class participants" will usually receive next to nothing, such as a gift certificate for $5.00 off an accessory, and the attorneys get $40 billion plus costs, advances, disbursements, and mail.

People are sick.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
You know who is going to pay for costs of this lawsuit... any of us who buy a new KIA. Costs of doing business are always passed onto the customer.
And you would be hiring "sue happy" attorneys to sue "sue happy" attorneys for being "sue happy".

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
you can clearly see the tank straps on this 2014 model

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Wasn't there something about this lawsuit that goes further than the straps. KIA used a plastic cover instead of a sheet metal cover on the opening from the passenger compartment to the top of the tank didn't they?

That seems perhaps like a legit complaint.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
your right DM I recall that, don't think I ever checked mine, I know it was metal on my previous Rondo.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Some of these suits are legit and are the only way to hold the manufacturers responsible. Look how long it took Toyota and GM to respond to safety issues with their cars. These huge companies won't respond to individual complaints.... Just my 2 cents.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Some of these suits are legit and are the only way to hold the manufacturers responsible. Look how long it took Toyota and GM to respond to safety issues with their cars. These huge companies won't respond to individual complaints.... Just my 2 cents.
There ought to be a way for this to happen without the lawyers getting millions and millions and the participant getting 32 cents worth of unpopped popcorn. No matter what, class action suits pay the lawyers way too much, for those that succeed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Agreed Shaggy. The bigger picture, however, is getting the companies to do the right thing for safety, which only seems to happen under duress.
There ought to be a way for this to happen without the lawyers getting millions and millions and the participant getting 32 cents worth of unpopped popcorn. No matter what, class action suits pay the lawyers way too much, for those that succeed.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Agreed Shaggy. The bigger picture, however, is getting the companies to do the right thing for safety, which only seems to happen under duress.
And the way to do that is to make holes in the incorporation laws that expose the corporation to civil liabilities and shield decision makers from Criminal liability open to personal criminal liability. When someone at GM allows to things to happen as they did on the Cruze and other cars, that person or persons should go to jail and go to jail BROKE.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts