Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. So the Chrome eyeliners on Korean Auto Imports are not KIA OEM eyeliners. They are just mirrored mylar stickers.

I REALLY want chrome eyeliners and from what I can tell, there are no plans to produce chrome/mirrored finish eyeliners.

I got a quote to get the Black OEM eyeliners chrome plated and it was $150 each. That is just crazy.

SO i am contimplating buying the black eyeliners and painting them with something like KILLER CHROME.
http://www.alsacorp.com/products/killercans/kc/killerchrome.htm

Does anyone have experience using this stuff? Or know of a better product/alternative?

I am sure i am not the only one holding my breath for chrome eyeliners.....

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
My buddy has used the Killer Chrome on several of his bike parts and it is real chrome particles in the product and it looks great...I am not sure if it will adhere to the OEM eyeliner material which I believe is polypropylene.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Buy the black ones, then go to a sign shop and ask for some chrome/mirror vinyl and wrap them with that. Chrome paint never looks like real chrome.
I already approached a sign shop about wrapping my roof rails with vinyl-chrome. They said they would do it, but reccomended I don't because it tends to turn white and lose the mirrored finish with prolonged exposure to the sun.

I've seen that happen - it is ugly!

·
Registered
910 Posts
My buddy has used the Killer Chrome on several of his bike parts and it is real chrome particles in the product and it looks great...I am not sure if it will adhere to the OEM eyeliner material which I believe is polypropylene.
Maybe apply a spray adhesive and a primer first then to give it a better surface to cling to...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts