Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I picked up my brand new 2016 Soul yesterday. This morning, I noticed a chip and scratch on the driver's side window frame. It looks like something, maybe a branch, hit the car overnight. It was very windy overnight. As you can imagine I'm devastated since I've literally owned the car for less that 24 hours. Does anyone know if I can purchase the black touch up paint to fix this, or if its worth it to have a body shop fix it since the car is so new? I'm guessing the dealership won't be able to help me. 8b48d48a-4edb-4aed-8ea0-38141bc60a61.jpg

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. :upset:

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,542 Posts
Hi Melissa, so sorry, know exactly how you feel. I had bought a brand new Acura years ago & the first day someone took a key to the back fender. I cannot say here just how angry I was!

I would recommend taking it to the dealer and ask them for their best advice on getting it back to "new" condition. While you can't expect them to pay for it, they have more than likely dealt with this situation with cars on their lot and are a good source of information.

They want you to be a happy new Kia owner & right now, you're not. Advice won't cost them anything.

Reactions: cheferman65

·
Registered
811 Posts
Sorry for the trouble...as said, take it to the dealer and play upon their heart strings for advice and fixes. Ya never know what may come of it.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
That part of the door is not paint it is a vinyl sticker the dealer can get a new one for you.

Pat.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Minor in the grand scheme. If not readily peelable or replaceable like a decal, I'd experiment with carefully rubbing it with xylene or acetone which may blend it away by melting it. Small test areas first. Good luck.
Greg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow, I'm so sorry. I know that has to be frustrating. I think I would go back to the dealer first before I tried to do anything with it myself. They may have a quick, easy fix that is also very inexpensive. Good luck and I hope you can get this taken care of right away.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Being that is is a decal and not paint, you may be able to manipulate the decal back into place via a little heat from a blow dryer provided it did not tear or chunk off completely.
The scratch may be diminished as it simply marred by the contact of a foreign object.
If all else fails, you can order the replacement trim decals and either r/r them or simply overlay them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts