Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Well, that might be true, only if you cross some wires and burn out the factory wiring harness.
With amateurs doing the work, anything can happen. Stuff happens!

Phillips is the company that makes the OEM lights on the Kia Soul, so I don't see a problem with that.

But I can think of much better places to spend $150 on my car. Eh?

:cool:

·
Registered
159 Posts
There is a way that you can install them without messing up your warranty. On the first link below is FLSouthpaw's posting which is the guy that is on your YouTube video. He did splice the wire which void the warranty for that wire only. The second link is mine, and I installed the lights on my 2011 without adding the dimming wire which doesn't void any of my cars warranty. They aren't that bright at night honestly. Going on three months with them on a full brightness at night and haven't been flashed once from other drivers.

http://www.kiasoulforums.com/29-how...8-daytime-running-lights-drl-soul-2012-a.html

http://www.kiasoulforums.com/28-aft...s/14723-philips-daylight-8-2011-kia-soul.html

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, that might be true, only if you cross some wires and burn out the factory wiring harness.
With amateurs doing the work, anything can happen. Stuff happens!

Phillips is the company that makes the OEM lights on the Kia Soul, so I don't see a problem with that.

But I can think of much better places to spend $150 on my car. Eh?

:cool:
It's about safety during the day. People will see those lights coming at them in daylight before they pull out in front of you. ( some anyway ). Some people will do it anyway because they are idiots.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
my DRL's - the US really needs to get onboard with this, we've had them in Canada since 1991. ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am in the US and just leave my headlights on all the time. They turn off when I shut down the car, and back on again when I start it up. Life is good!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Here's one way to add the dimmer function without voiding your warranty.
Shark Racing

3Soulman over at SH used this for his installation and it works perfectly. That's what I plan on using for mine as well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
No vehicle I drive moves without running and head lights on. In Virginia as with some other states, lights are required when raining or snowing any time of day. So i have gotten into the habit of using lights anytime my vehicle moves.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts