Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So few days ago had check engine light. I have a android tablet and obd bluetooth so i checked it with an app. P0455 evap leak.

Cleared it and ordered a new oem gas cap. 2 days later on again. Cleared it and put new gas cap on next day. Day later p0455 is back.

What should i check? Looked at vacuum lines i can see near tank and in engine bay look fine. Havent had time to look under.

Anyone know exactly where charcoal can is or what to check. I see online it has couple sensor valve things.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,587 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes i read that post obviously you didnt read either post.

I already replaced the gas cap as the other post said had worked.
It DIDN'T work for me.

Does anyone know where the charcoal canistor is. Looked around dont see where it is. Are the various valves near the tank that could be bad?

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,118 Posts
From what I found the charcoal canister is located on top of the fuel tank.....

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,587 Posts
Yes i read that post obviously you didnt read either post.

I already replaced the gas cap as the other post said had worked.
It DIDN'T work for me.

Does anyone know where the charcoal canistor is. Looked around dont see where it is. Are the various valves near the tank that could be bad?
Not sure what the attitude is about. I did read the thread and provided it as a "starter" link for you to help in your search for an answer.

Where I come from people say thank you to those who try to help.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well if anyone else gets the p0455 code and its not the gas cap.

Check the canister vent valve. Its right on charcoal can under the car fairly easy to get to.

I checked all my vac lines seemed ok. So googled p0455 and found that there is a evap control valve in the engine bay and the canister vent valve by the tank.

I took them of and. Touched 12v to the connector. The evap valve solenoid engaged and held a vacuum when attached vaccum gun. but vent valve was just dead no response. So replaced that and the fuel tank air filter and so far so good

1 - 6 of 6 Posts