Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Kia Soul
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 Soul has no power, misses when engine gets over 2000 rpm. Check engine light is flashing. Returns a diagnostic code of P1326.
Took it to Kia to have the update for the ECN software done less than a month ago. The real problem is that the Kia dealerships near me (Marietta GA) are not taking in any... quote "high diagnostic" vehicles for at least 2 months because of backlog. This is from 3 Kia dealerships. They are only taking cars in for maintenance.
I know the P1326 code is the Knock Sensor Detection System. Does anyone know if it's related to the updated ECN software?
Not sure what to do next.

·
Registered
492 Posts
That’s a potential safety issue. I would call Kia’s customer service line and raise the issue with them. they can straig out the dealer to take it and get it fixed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
A flashing check engine light means you really shouldn’t be driving the car for risk of severe engine damage. They should take it in that basis

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
That's exactly what the ECU update is supposed to do, puts your car in limp mode if it senses an issue. The issue could be a misfire a bad sensor or as serious as an engine problem. Sorry to hear the dealerships near you are not very helpful this is something they need to get you in for right away.

·
Registered
407 Posts
o_O Audio alert ! Put down your cellphone, then pull over and shut your engine now!! Or, it will cost you big time in the morning!!!;)

·
Registered
141 Posts
2018 Soul has no power, misses when engine gets over 2000 rpm. Check engine light is flashing. Returns a diagnostic code of P1326.
Took it to Kia to have the update for the ECN software done less than a month ago. The real problem is that the Kia dealerships near me (Marietta GA) are not taking in any... quote "high diagnostic" vehicles for at least 2 months because of backlog. This is from 3 Kia dealerships. They are only taking cars in for maintenance.
Ed Voyles Kia in Marietta's got my Soul for an engine change - and it's been about two and a half months now, Supply chain issues means they're badly backlogged, and they're short on techs by what the service advisor says.

I know the P1326 code is the Knock Sensor Detection System. Does anyone know if it's related to the updated ECN software?
Not sure what to do next.
There's been a lot of speculation on that. Don't know if anyone's actually proved it one way or another. Wish I had some sort of advice, other than to limp along until you can get it in somewhere for maintenance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts