Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2020 Soul LX. 10,331 miles. My wife was driving back from lunch with someone. When she got home, she said, "There's a light on by the speedometer that looks like a little boat." I went out, and sure enough, the check engine light was on. Are they going to have to replace the engine? I always go for the worst possible case, of course. It's not using any oil at all, though.

So, I called AAA, after talking to the dealer, and had the car hauled into the dealership. "Good News," the service writer said, when he calls. "It's just a bad thermostat."

So, we have our car back, as of yesterday. Still, I'm a little tired of worrying about my Soul. We'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,870 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
2020 Soul LX. 10,331 miles. My wife was driving back from lunch with someone. When she got home, she said, "There's a light on by the speedometer that looks like a little boat." I went out, and sure enough, the check engine light was on. Are they going to have to replace the engine? I always go for the worst possible case, of course. It's not using any oil at all, though.

So, I called AAA, after talking to the dealer, and had the car hauled into the dealership. "Good News," the service writer said, when he calls. "It's just a bad thermostat."

So, we have our car back, as of yesterday. Still, I'm a little tired of worrying about my Soul. We'll see how it goes.
has it had the inspection for the recall yet? assuming your vehicle is affected??

whether it is going to die or not, its covered so not much to worry about except inconvenience to your schedule. the fact that u made it past 10K is prob a good sign tho. i did not. at 7800 miles mine died and is currently having its engine replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts