Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just 900 miles on my Shadow Dragon and got a "check engine" light on the way to work this Monday. I removed and replaced the gas cap 1st, as I picked that up here in the forum, but to no avail. I brought it to the dealer on Tuesday morning and they couldn't find anything wrong. They put it on the computer and it didn't throw any codes, checked all sensors, the gas cap, reset the computer and drove it around for awhile. They really couldn't say why it came on.

While I was driving with the light on it showed no outward signs, ie., sluggeshness, stalling, hesitation, etc.

Anyone else run into this??

·
Registered
176 Posts
I know on my old VW if the gas cap was the culprit of the CEL that it would take a few starting cycles for the light to go off after resetting the cap, sometimes topping off the tank also fixed it.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
It would have thrown the code for the "evap" something or other though, and the dealer would have gotten that even if the light cycled back to off. The code remains stored unless you reset OBDII via some sort of reader....or disconnect the battery for around 15 seconds.

I used to get this if I was an idiot and filled the car up with the engine running.....not every time, in fact SELDOM, but if the light came on JUST after a fillup and I had filled with the engine running......code "P0445" or something.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Our 2020 has approx 9,000 I took it to Auto Zone and it threw no code. Our dealer is 160 miles one way. I asked the consumer affairs department if I could have our local Toyota Dealer with take care of my 2010 Toyota Tacoma. They said if I keep any receipts in case something goes wrong down the road it would help. I want to know if I disconnect the Battery is that safe to do, or does other things go back to default as well?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our 2020 has approx 9,000 I took it to Auto Zone and it threw no code. Our dealer is 160 miles one way. I asked the consumer affairs department if I could have our local Toyota Dealer with take care of my 2010 Toyota Tacoma. They said if I keep any receipts in case something goes wrong down the road it would help. I want to know if I disconnect the Battery is that safe to do, or does other things go back to default as well?
Did you ever figure out the problem?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts