Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Changing up from second to third and down from third to second sticks!

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  TechnoMage 
#1 ·
Does anyone else have this problem? On way home from service garage, after suspension problem, I noticed that when I tried to change up to third gear from second, it seemed to stick at neutral level. Similarly, changing down from third to second does the same thing! My Soul is less than two years old, so rather surprised that this is happening! It doesn't happen every time, but enough to be a nuisance, and am concerned that it will get worse. I thought maybe it was just me, but my husband has also now noticed it!
Thanks for input
Moburton

#3 ·
Going to assume MT transmission here... So are you saying it is slipping and its not going into gear? Take it back to the dealer! Sounds like a possible adjustment problem. Not sure how the shifter works on these cars though.

#4 ·
So, why have you NOT taken it right back in for repair? Obviously they screwed up something while they were working on the car. No one here can fix it! Eh?

:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.